Dutch 2.4 Spider

Discussions and Socializing

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Scalino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Re: New member introduction

Post by Scalino »

Well, it's weeping from the plug in the top of the filter housing (100% sure) on two carbs. We 'fixed' it by putting some fuel resistant Locktight on it. Is it a professional solution? Well no, but it works. We'll keep a very close eye on it, but for now it seems to work. Now, it may not have been much of a leak, but any fuel leak is too much in my eyes.

Now all throats are synchronised and the idle mixture set, it runs very well I would say, a massive improvement pre carb overhaul. :D

Slight bummer, the battery isn't charging, so we'll have a look at that now...
Scalino

Post by Scalino »

Well, I was an idiot :lol:. The plug with the yellow and grey wire wasn't plugged in. To my defence, one end is actually a plug, but on the other side they didn't bother to put the right connectors for a plug on, hence there is no plug on that end. Not a great description I know ;). Generally the wiring is just a mess, so it isn't immediately obvious when there is a loose connector... :|

Conclusion, all is working as it should, for now at least :roll:
Scalino

Post by Scalino »

Long time no update, which is good news. It means we've just been enjoying by driving it instead of just wrenching for a change. I quite like this change, although the fuel gets quite expensive in comparison :lol:

What I have done a few months ago is give it a polish, which it badly needed. It's gone from orange to red :)

It actually looks quite presentable now (apart for the wheels, tires and roof...)

Let's see wether I can attach pictures...

It seems I can by attaching them :)
Attachments
IMG_6510.JPG
IMG_6541.JPG
Scalino

Post by Scalino »

That center console panel was about as terrible as it gets. Luckily we managed to get a hold of a complete frame a few years back and I set about finding the right wood to match to the dash. To be fair what I got is not a 100% match, but it’s probably as close as I’m going to get and actually prefer to look over the wood of the dash.

I had the panels laser cut to the exact dimensions of the switches, clock and frame. Laser cutting is brilliant. The whole thing took no more than 20 seconds and looks absolutely perfect!

I bought a cigarette lighter which has the correct orange bezel, but I still need to buy the correct lighter itself, but that will come later. This will do for now.

It’s quite the improvement!

This was the result before lacquering. It now looks like this:

I did have to sort out some ‘interesting’ wiring in between…

We are now waiting on Superformance to get some new wheels (back order), to get these installed.

vlad
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by vlad »

Hi Tim, the dash work is looking great.

What wheels are you going for to go with the CN36's?

I have been on a bit of journey with wheels for my 2.4 Coupe, have the original 14" Cromodoras, a set of 16" Cromodora repo's and a set of 14" campag. repos the latter 2 sets from superformance,
Tobi
Site Admin

Post by Tobi »

vlad wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:42 pm I have been on a bit of journey with wheels for my 2.4 Coupe, have the original 14" Cromodoras, a set of 16" Cromodora repo's and a set of 14" campag. repos the latter 2 sets from superformance,
Please don't use the 16"s. They look terrible on the car.
Ribolla_67

Post by Ribolla_67 »

I fully agree with Tobi's statement - 16'' is a no-go.

Italian design is based on 2500 years of taste and feeling for perfect proportions - look at the buildings in ancient rome, the art and architecture of the Renaissance in Toscana, to be continued to modern fashion design.

Change 1 mm, and you spoil all the elegance!
Scalino

Post by Scalino »

We're definitely going for the 14 inch! I personally hate the look of the 15 inch GTA wheels on 105 Alfa's in comparison with the 14 inch, let alone how 16 inch will look on a Dino :|
Tobi
Site Admin

Post by Tobi »

They might be OK if you want to do a monster truck conversion, but they'll never be a good option for a nice little Italian sports car.
HugoHarris

Post by HugoHarris »

The centre console looks great Tim. I will PM you.
Hugo
2400 Spider #1364