So what did you do to your Dino today?

Discussions and Socializing

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Barnfind
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: So what did you do to your Dino today?

Post by Barnfind »

Sorry. This link:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58

By the way, received today all rod links, and the middle long bar came with the right ball fix, I mean, It does not move. Should it be like this?
doublegarage

Post by doublegarage »

Today, finally, I worked out how the high/low beam switching worked on my Fiat Dino 2400 (note, the high-beam relay doesn't work in the usual way).

Then, fitted new relays, driven via new fuseholders from the rear of the alternator and finally have nice bright headlamps. Definitely worth the effort.
Barnfind

Post by Barnfind »

Finally, the steering box has been repaired and fitted with new bearings, all rods and links are whey they belong, steering colunm repainted and steering Wheel in place. For the first time in months, the car has all wheels on the floor.

Now working on the door cards. .

More coming son..
Barnfind

Post by Barnfind »

Last day of 2015, BC4893 finally emerged from its 15 years of darkness to the light.. Great momento..

Now working on the rear axle..
bertjones

Post by bertjones »

I purchased a new coupe trunk gasket from Mr. Fiat in Atlanta to replace one that had gotten chewed up around the latch. The replacement came quickly and seems to be better quality with a steel rib in the flange that attaches to the trunk flange seam. Put it in using small amounts of the 3M yellow weatherstrip adhesive and then closed the boot lid for 24 hours to insure the seal was glued on. Haven't washed the trunk yet to test for waterproofing but the new gasket seems to fit well around the corners---don't expect any problems.

Bert Jones