Dino town horns.

Discussions and Socializing

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Nineteen69
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Dino town horns.

Post by Nineteen69 »

Hi forum members.

I'm new to the forum and currently restoring a 67 Dino 2.0. I am in the process of tidying the engine bay and have been busy researching pictures of other owners' engine bay for reference purposes. My main concern is that, over its lifetime, the car may have been subject to various mods/ shortcuts, which I want to eradicate as I go along if possible.

With reference to the two (high/low) diaphragm type horns. My car has them fitted to the driver's side wing top, bracketed off the shocker top mount. Is this correct? For if not, I'll relocate them to their rightful place should anyone know better.

The two air horns are under the passenger front wing, which I suspect is their correct location.

Given the state of the engine bay wiring harness, I suspect I may soon be querying the availability of a suitable wiring diagram too!

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Mark.
Tobi
Site Admin
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Dino town horns.

Post by Tobi »

Hi Mark,
Wiring diagrams can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=110
The location of your air horns seems to be correct. Regarding the other horns, I don't know for sure.
Regards,
Tobi
Nineteen69
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Re: Dino town horns.

Post by Nineteen69 »

Thanks for this Tobi.

The diagram will be really useful when restoring the wiring harness and in determining the function and purpose of the various relays that are littered around.