coupe values

All about our Fiat Dino Coupes and Spiders

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

4cambob
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

coupe values

Post by 4cambob »

As I was browsing the classifieds, I saw that there are so many ferrari`s for sale for much less than the price of a lot of fiat dino coupes. I know the fiat dino spider is highly priced but I cant see many people choosing to pay more for our coupes over a proper ferrari. Are the fiat dino coupe owners unwilling to re-adjust their prices to a general fall in the classic car market or am I missing something else.
Tobi
Site Admin
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: coupe values

Post by Tobi »

Are there really MANY Ferraris for sale for much less? This might be OK for a Mondial, but not for any 12 cylinder. Forget asking prices, look at sell prices. However, they might be hard to find out, especially in such a tight market. Since the Coupes never had such a steep rise like the Spiders, they should not drop that much now.
4cambob

Post by 4cambob »

Well on this site https://www.autoscout24.com/ there are 22 fiat dino coupes between 54,500 - 73,900 euros. On the same site I counted 400 and yes that is correct,non mondial ferraris between 28,500 - 73,900 euros, and there is a lot of very tasty low mileage cars in that range,including 612`s,360`s,355 `s,328`s,456`s,308`s etc.
vlad

Post by vlad »

Haven't you very ably illustrated the very reason, the rarity of the Dino Coupe
4cambob

Post by 4cambob »

I would say not. To make a fair rarity comparison you would need to compare one model versus another, not against a whole model range from a manufacturer.
Vravolta

Post by Vravolta »

Regarding the market, remember that Coupé are as expensive to restore (if not more) than Spider. So this means that people having gone that way just did this to enjoy their car, not for selling it as the selling price would be lower than the restoration cost. This results in the absence of market for nicely restored coupés. And for the used coupés, they will most of the time not be considered by buyers as the cost to repair it will also be much lower than the car price.

I think Coupé will appear again on the market the day the selling price will be compatible with the restoration costs.

Regarding Ferrari prices, you can't compare a collection car of the 1960s with car of the 1990s or 2000s era that just entered the collection market a few year ago. Usually, prices go up around 30 years old, when cars become eligible for gentlemen driver races (such VHC in France for instance). This is also the threshold for collection papers in the EU. I've been owning a 355 for 10 years: price has been stable (slight decrease) during that period and I don't expect it to raise prior the mid of the 2020s. During the same period, the price of my Coupé 2400 has doubled but I've invested in it 3 times the buying price to restore it.