Blue Sera 2000 Coupe Adventure

All about our Fiat Dino Coupes and Spiders

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

dinoliver
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Blue Sera 2000 Coupe Adventure

Post by dinoliver »

Hi ,
Andrew, yes there are 2 lights in the indicator lamp: 1 for stand-light / 1 for indicator.
look for spare partes : superformance.uk : also is possibile from poloish Fiat 124 ..

good luck
Oliver
AndrewMcCrae
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Post by AndrewMcCrae »

Thank you Oliver. Polish 124 might be an alternative
Scalino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by Scalino »

In general for mechanical parts, have a look around and see if you can cross reference anything.

As an example; dinoparts sell refurbished lower front wishbones (2.4) for € 340 or € 780 (depending on the side). Those are the same as used on a Fiat 1500, of which I recently bought a NOS example on eBay for € 55. With some new bushes and ball joint, I was good to go for under € 100...

By the way, don’t get me wrong; I highly value Dinoparts, Superformance, etc. for selling (unique) parts for our cars, but I don’t prefer overpaying (I’m Dutch after all :lol: )!
AndrewMcCrae

Post by AndrewMcCrae »

Thanks Scalino, I think we all agree, saving on one part doesn't mean you're mean but it allows you repair the next part a little better. When I'm missing parts though it makes it impossible to know what I need.

Likewise I'm not knocking the suppliers as our market is tiny and price is all about supply and demand.
AndrewMcCrae

Post by AndrewMcCrae »

Would anybody have photos and dimensions please of
1. Right Angle brackets used to hold on the front number plate holder 4147525. I can't afford to buy a full plate because of all the other parts I need.
2. The two pieces that hold on the lower valence grill. 4147884/5. I cant see these anywhere.

Hoping you can help. Thanks in advance.
Scalino

Post by Scalino »

In case you get no feedback on the first question; we made one that fit our Spider, for which I may still have the measurements somewhere, on which the plate is mounted with magnets.
HugoHarris

Post by HugoHarris »

Welcome Andrew! I know nothing about coupes, but some of the most knowledgeable folk on this forum are coupe owners. A solid, straight and correctly restored bodyshell is the only sensible starting point for a project like this, so you are off to a great start. Good luck, I'll follow with interest.
2400 Spider #1364
AndrewMcCrae

Post by AndrewMcCrae »

Thank you Scalino and Hugo, I am waiting to receive a scrap main plate so hopefully it will get through Brexit chaos. I may be asking you then, thanks for the offer.
Hugo, coming from an Alfa forum where many many thousands of cars were built, its evident how there are less Dinos. However, people here are friendly and helpful and not technical expertise is needed to share photos, so I will be asking the silly questions! The problem is I haven't removed parts so I don't know what needs to go back on.
dinoliver
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by dinoliver »

Hey Andrew,

i think ALDREDINO from Hannover can help you to find o front-Nr-plate.
He has a lot of spare parts to offer : maio0104@yahoo.de

good luck
Oliver
AndrewMcCrae

Post by AndrewMcCrae »

Thanks Oliver, I got my number plate complete, (after buying one that was incorrect first). Its been slow progress with weather, parts deliveries and work. Distributor rebuilt but now have to figure how to time it. There's some good stuff here and on FChat from Stefan which is useful, ultimately I'll put in a modern cdi, but for the moment just need to get outside and get her going.