Interior Colours for Fiat Dinos

All about our Fiat Dino Coupes and Spiders

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Dino206
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Interior Colours for Fiat Dinos

Post by Dino206 »

Hi all,

I have a very early 2000 Coupe built in March 1967 (chassis 58). It was originally best described as aquamarine in colour, but is now (unfortunately) red. I'd like to know the original interior colour codes (or alternatives) as the car has some repairs to do on the basket weave vinyl weave look front seats. Their colour is probably best described as a kind of light brown or fawn (not cream or tobacco but somewhere in between).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Dino 206 Australia
Dino John
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Re: Interior Colours for Fiat Dinos

Post by Dino John »

Hi Dino206,
I'm also from Melb…Sorry can't help myself but could possibly steer you in the right direction , give David ( President of the Fiat Car Club Vic ) a call has a few Dino's to his name and a world of knowledge.
Would like to see you sign up with us and love to see your Dino…:)

Cheers
John
Dino206

Post by Dino206 »

Thanks John,

I know DJ...good idea. There's a company in the US that supplies the original trim (I have a sample but it's more a Tobacco colour), so will follow up with them as well. Will post a photo when I get some time on the weekend.

Cheers, Viv (Dino206)
Jos_2400
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Jos_2400 »

Hi Viv,

Best is to look for the color code on your identification plate in the motor compartment!
Then check this web-site: http://www.dinouk.com/technical_colours.html
It is a good help and do also look at the Dino 2400 Coupe interior restoration topic: is touching the same job.
Good luck.
Jos
Dino206

Post by Dino206 »

Thanks Jos,

Most helpful (I didn't realise that the cars shown had interior shots). I've received a sample from a company in the US, however it is a medium brown, not the sort of caramel colour trim I have. That said, the basket weave is a perfect match. I've written to them ordering samples of all colours in the brown range, and hope to receive them in the next couple of weeks. I'll then follow up on the forum. I'm not sure about the policy on discussing suppliers on the forum so won't advise who it is until I understand it. Either way, I hope to have something shortly and will photograph my car on the weekend for the forum.

Best regards, Viv
Dino206
MaseratiSD

Post by MaseratiSD »

I also have an aqua marine car that needs an interior. You had noted that someone in the US has interior kits? Can you pass along the information?

Many thanks...
Dino206

Post by Dino206 »

Hi MaseratiSD,

This is the site...I've been dealing with a guy called Marco...Cheers Viv

http://reoriginals.com/vinyloriginaltan ... 0026a.aspx
Barnfind

Post by Barnfind »

Hello.

Could anyone guess if this is the right interiour colour scheme for a Coupe 2400 silver?

Door cards are dark blue.

Thanks
Attachments
2015-02-19 18.08.52.jpg
grand Turismo

Post by grand Turismo »

Dino 2400 coupe in silver 606 was according to this list possible to order with 2 different intiriors.
One is with blue doorcards,blue seats and red carpent.
The second one was red doorcards gray seats and red carpent.

Seems like your car with blue doorcards has sand seats and black carpent.Maybe someone made som changes over time or maybe a special order by Bertone.Who knows !!!
Last edited by grand Turismo on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barnfind

Post by Barnfind »

Many thanks for the reply.

I'm more inclined to think the first posibility is correct..

By the way, I have been investigating, and looks like my original colour is 238, which seems to be Champagne yellow. If that is the case, I cannot see any traces of the original colour, even scrapping in hidden places.

If finally my car turns to be that yellow, my interior still doen not seem to match..

Any idea if any Coupe had my interior?

Thanks again.