IMG_6077.jpg
IMG_6074.jpg
IMG_6068.jpg
iceblue
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Re: Dino Spider Restoration

Post by iceblue »

We got our 2.4 started yesterday!
With just a couple crank, she started right up.
All the gauges appear to work, the oil pressure gauge reads 60. The electric fan kicks on at around 90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVBkU-T ... e=youtu.be

We still have a few issues with our fuel pump not running nor the gas tank sending gauges not running. We will need to troubleshoot. The pump run's wen connected to the battery and the sending unit is new. It must bad relay or ?

We are also having issues with our brakes not holding pressure.

PS: Can someone tell me what is the purpose infamous blue fuse on the driver fender?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/99447811@N04/

Cheers
Guzzi

Post by Guzzi »

Congratulations on bringing the beast to life.
  • 2.0L cars have a low oil pressure fuel cutoff and yours may, too. From memory it's one of two wires coming from the oil pump. The fuel pump has a separate relay which could be at fault. Overall; Dino fuel pump wiring is a known 'opportunity for improvement'
    Check that the fuel tank is earthed.
    The blue fuse is in fact a voltage stabiliser for the instruments and takes a resistor. Complete new units are available.
apologies for poor image
apologies for poor image
iceblue

Post by iceblue »

Thanks for the help.
I just ordered 4 new relays from superformance. I also ordered two new pressure sensors oil and fuel.
There is fitting under the engine that has two sensor. Oil and fuel

Do you think the fuel pump relay is special or unique. If not what I be looking for ?
I will double check to make sure the rank is earth. We manage to plug the fuel pump to the battery and that worked.

As per the resistor. I figured out that the blue resistor is part of water temp gauge number 23.
Where can I locate the proper resistor? I believe it is a 100 ohms?
I still have the blue connectors.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Guzzi

Post by Guzzi »

I must be going mad, I thought I saw a modern replacement resistor listed by Superformance, but now I can't find it! I'm sure there must be other FIAT/Ferrari applications. The main purpose is smooth out the swing of the gauge needle.

The fuel pump relay I think is front left of the engine bay, I will check tomorrow.

And scrub your nails!
iceblue

Post by iceblue »

When I am done with this car I will make a clear notification of what each relay does.
The front left is partial air horn and the second right is also electric air horn connected with two viola.
The fuel gauge? not sure if is buried under the dash near the windshield wiper motor?

Olivier
Tobi
Site Admin
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Tobi »

Guzzi wrote:The fuel pump relay I think is front left of the engine bay, I will check tomorrow.
The Coupe has it behind the glove box under the dash. It is a regular relay that could be replaced by any other 12V relay if originality is not important.
iceblue

Post by iceblue »

What a great group.
Thanks for the help.
From the shema, my fuel relay is located under the dash.
I manage to get a full blown print 42" by 42"
This really helps.
Attachments
OLIVER PROOF.pdf
(8.94 MiB) Downloaded 630 times
Tobi
Site Admin
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Tobi »

I had this plot 60 cm x 60 cm. This is already very good. However, bigger is still better. Please note that your file has a wrong ratio. It's squeezed.
You are lucky that I've colored the wrong diagram first. After many hours of work, I've seen that I took the Spider diagram instead of the Coupe ;)
Dinoswede
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by Dinoswede »

Hi, Iceblue.
Concerning the fuel pump relay, it should be an "reverse version" of a standard relay, if your car is wired as from factory. It means, when the oil
pressure safety switch (on the right side of engine block) is not detecting any oil pressure in the engine, the switch is connecting the coil in the relay
to ground (earth in the engine block). This activates the fuel pump relay to disconnect the fuel pump from 12 V power feed, as a safety switch.
These "reverse version of standard relays" should be availible by many car parts dealers. Both 2 and 2,4 Dinos have the same spare parts number
here - oil pressure switch no 4151564 and fuel pump relay no 4153666.

Dinoswede