Re: 2000 Coupe colours

Post by mbedlam »

Thank you for your help Patrizio
mbedlam
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Post by mbedlam »

Patrizio
Is it possible you can pm me with your email address please?
Thanks
Martin
Dinofanwim
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Dinofanwim »

Unfortunately the blue of the car that my Father owned is not 490 but 490-89!
So if you try to have the original matching colour, your best bet is to dismantle a part of your car where the original colour is still present, and not resprayed!
Every good paint shop wil be able to make a perfect match to the original colour.
So my suggestion is that all owners who have a car in perfect and original condition should have a part of their Dino ananlysed for colour, and share the information with others

Of course people for Dino owners who wish to have their car modified to their own linking, are free to do so!
La passione per tutti creazone!
Alfre"dino", che significa tanto a suo padre Enzo!
Poi ha lanciato suo padre Enzo, il marchio "Dino".

patrizio

Post by patrizio »

The original color is FIAT BLU SCURO NAVY 490.
It 's possible that over time FIAT has done, for another car, a color with code 490-89, but certainly is different from the color 490 provided for the FIAT Dino.
I suggest you check the color chart online LECHLER and look for the correct color 490, in the period 1965-1970.
For example, the color LECHLER's code of green juniper (Verde Ginepro) of FIAT Dino is 327-68.
Probably there will be other color version of the 327, for cars produced later.
it is important to always check the reference year of the color!
Unfortunately, not all manufacturers of paints (GLASURIT is one of them) use this wisely and is easy to miss ;)
patrizio

Post by patrizio »

This is a color test I did last spring: Blu Scuro Navy 490 and Rosso Madeira 160 (the last optional, together Nero 601, from original FIAT color chart).

Dinofanwim

Post by Dinofanwim »

I received the "Bible" a few days ago. It is the book by Mike Morris if I am not mistaken!

It was printed in January 1988.

Although I found some inaccuracies in it, it is a very good book to have a very good understanding about our beloved Dino's.

Should a reprint be of interest? I sincerely believe that it will have an enormous succes! ( And in that case, why not have it in several other languages?)

Furthermore it will enable us to get the right recognition in the whole carworld for our underrated Dino's!
Attachments
IMG_20160116_0001_NEW.jpg
La passione per tutti creazone!
Alfre"dino", che significa tanto a suo padre Enzo!
Poi ha lanciato suo padre Enzo, il marchio "Dino".

Tobi
Site Admin

Post by Tobi »

A reprint would require that Mike corrects the inaccuracies. I'm sure that he considered this a fea times already the last years and the facts show his opinion about a reprint. Translating the book would not pay. If I think about German, there might be a potential for a maximum of 200 books that could be sold. Consider Dutch for example for yourself ;)
It's good that Mike offers the content on a CD-ROM for a reasonable price also. So nobody is excluded from the content.
I could recommend this book for those who understand German: http://www.amazon.de/Dino-Nico-Schumacher/dp/3613031450
It has also some inacurracies, but it is still interesting to read. It is also available much below the regular price now.
I can also strongly recommend the Dino Compendium: http://www.dino-book.com
Even if it's only about the 206 and 246, it's one of the greatest books I've ever seen and worth each penny. It's not a book for reading, more a reference, but still great to leaf through. If Mike's book can be compared with the bible for any Christ, this is much more than a bible.