2000 Coupe colours

All about our Fiat Dino Coupes and Spiders

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

patrizio
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Re: 2000 Coupe colours

Post by patrizio »

I'm not quite agree on customizations, but if that's how you like it ...
Good job
;)
iceblue
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by iceblue »

Wow, hard top for the spider 220,000 lira & 120,000 for leather interior
JPohja
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by JPohja »

Leather interior for 120,000 lira. How much in €?
patrizio

Post by patrizio »

At the time, with 400.000 lire there you bought a Fiat 500.
When Fiat Dino Coupé cost 3.600.000 lire, Fiat 125 sedan it costs 1.600.000 lire :shock:
Dinofanwim
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Dinofanwim »

My Fathers Dino must have been an early example as it was delivered without the Dinoplex ignition, but that was installed FOC several months after delivery. So effectively the colour was blue 490, combined with a maroon skai interior and dark blue carpets.
Just back from the UK, where I missed out on the Goodwood Classic revival, but if you open your eyes, you find all sorts of hidden beauties from the past all over the place.
Sorry not a Dino, but all the same a lovely combination of interior and exterior colours on this MG. Inspiration for anybody?

That's what I am after for the 2.4 l Dino Coupé, ultimate perfection, even if the original example was different. But IMHO it was Alfre"dino" and not Vittorio Jano who came up with ideas to improve the V8 engine from the Lancia D50.
In the beginning the D50, which was in fact the Lancia F1 racing car and its whole racing division, was taken over by Enzo, didn't have any succes. Only in 1956 it became a winner in the hands of Juan Manuel Fangio. And you know what? The car that was conveived by Jano didn't have any succes.Ferrari continued to develop the car, although they removed many of Jano's most innovative designs and the car was rebadged as the Lancia-Ferrari D50 and later simply the Ferrari D50. Juan Manuel Fangio won the 1956 World Championship of Drivers with this car modified by Ferrari. I am, contrary to what all experts say, convinced that it was Alfredo who came up with ideas to chance the V block configuration to 65 degrees. And why? Well I suppose you all know that this allowed a much better air intake flow to the cilinders in comparison to the Colombo V12 from a.o. the 250 GT series engines and of course the orignal lay-out of the D50 engine! And it should not be forgotten that Alfredo, after his economic studies was sent to Switserland to study engineering. It is also known that he came up with brilliant ideas for other previous Ferrari models. like the 550 Mondial where Scaglietti was commissioned to create a body to Dino Ferrari's design. So where does that bring us to? Dino not being capable of being a designer? That in my eyes is total b.$&*!! I therefore maintain that it is not right to call any 206 or 246 a Ferrari Dino. That car could eventually be called a Dino Ferrari, but certainly not a Ferrari Dino. There was never ever a roadgoing Dino that left the factory as a Ferrari! And I consieder it a flagrant fault to call this car, just as the 2.4l Fiat Dino a FIAT. The car was not even assembled by F.I.A.T. but in MAranello. Sure, by that time a part of the shares had been taken over by the Agnellis and most likely they insisted to call it a Fiat. Again another failure for the Agnellis tp be succesfull as a manufacturer of bigger size motor cars. Topolinos, Pandas, 500 and 600 up to small medium sized cars is their speciality. So hands off the bigger cars.
Attachments
IMG_0248.JPG
IMG_0244.JPG
La passione per tutti creazone!
Alfre"dino", che significa tanto a suo padre Enzo!
Poi ha lanciato suo padre Enzo, il marchio "Dino".

patrizio

Post by patrizio »

Allow me to correct you on two points:
1) Alfredo Ferrari (Dino) had not done economic studies but had graduated Perito Industriale (industrial expert - like modern engineer junior) as evidenced by correspondence with his father Enzo.
2) Yes, it is true, the Dino 2400 were assembled in Maranello, for "prestige" reasons, but the project of the engine, as well as all mechanical parts that composed (both Fiat Dino and Dino 206 / 246GT), were all "made in FIAT".
Try a little 'to go and see how are marked the Cromodora wheel rims assembling on Dino 246GT/GTS ?
FIAT !
And the engine where it built ?
In FIAT !
:)
I would say that from fans and experts who are on this forum we should call things by their real name:
Fiat Dino the Spider and Coupé (only 2000 cc all alloy engine ) built from 1966 to 1968 (AS 135 and AC 135)
Fiat Dino 2400 the Spider and the Coupé (only 2400 cc casting block engine ) built from 1969 to 1974 (BS 135 and BC 135)
Dino 206GT and 246 GT/GTS the Dino (no Ferrari) built in Maranello from 1968 to 1973
and Ferrari Dino 166/206 S/SP all sports roadster and coupé built in Maranello to run on track and mountain in the period 1965/1966.

It is no coincidence that these were the cars born from the agreement between Enzo Ferrari and Gianni Agnelli that would lead to sale FERRARI SEFAC to FIAT :roll:
The Dino was the "blood pact"

All this IMHO obviously ;)
mbedlam

Post by mbedlam »

Hi Everyone
Newbie here
Amazingly another poster has asked about colours recently and that is what I am here to ask .
So as Patrizio seems to have the answers, My question is to Patrizio.
Do you have manufacturer details for the colours you show on the paint chip you showed in the photos?

My car has been repainted but I want to take it back to original, I need manufacturer details etc.

Thanks

Martin
patrizio

Post by patrizio »

Sorry but I have not read before :roll:
I know the color codes of the Fiat Dino Coupé (2000 cc), built from 1967 to 1968.
Fiat Dino Spider (2000cc) and versions Fiat Dino 2400 does not know well so I can not help you.
What colour you need exactly the code?

If you know the exact name of the color in Italian (attention to the year of production) you can find something here:

http://www.lechler.eu/DesktopModules/Br ... ryId=42803

I said "be careful" because the catalog Lecheler, not a primary source (not a document of the production years of the car), could bring inaccuracies (for example, the date of production of Rosso Ossido 197 for Dino Coupé 2000), which could lead to bad choices.
The "Holy Bible" is always the color chart IVI of the period 1967/1968.

The color you can make do with a center Lechler once you've identified the right one in the above list.

But if you can give some more information on the color you're looking for, we can get to find it ;)
mbedlam

Post by mbedlam »

Hi Patrizio
Thank you for your response, my car is a 2000 coupe from 1968 the colour I believe it was looking at the colour chart in your photo
Is grun 327.

Thank you also for the link to lechler.eu
I guess the colour there is 327/68 Verde Ginepro Grifo

Regards
patrizio

Post by patrizio »

That's right, the colour Verde Ginepro 327 was the only green available for Fiat Dino Coupe' (2000 cc).
Also in this case the code Lechler shows an inaccuracy because the color already existed since at least 1967.
However Martin, the colour is that ;)