Master Data base to list all the Dino onwers

All about our Fiat Dino Coupes and Spiders

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

iceblue
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Master Data base to list all the Dino onwers

Post by iceblue »

Hey Guys

I was wondering if we could organize a link on this site that would list ans show all of our cars.
This would include a master database of all Dinos made. Coupe and spiders then move into Ferrari Dino?

Something like this would be great

http://www.convertibledregistry.com/reg ... 85567.html
Tobi
Site Admin
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Master Data base to list all the Dino onwers

Post by Tobi »

There are some attempts. Have a look at this: http://www.dinoitalia.com/registerHome.php
Benz 116 w

Post by Benz 116 w »

Hello, The database you mentioned Tobi is not exact at all - I even told this to Lincoln the other day. In Hungary I know of 4 cars at least ( one 2000, and three 2.4 Coupes) but the registry shows only one. My question is whether to list the present condition and set up, or try to work out the factory specifications? My car it seems had been blue or green in the very beginning and was sprayed red sometime ago. So how to move along?
Tobi
Site Admin

Post by Tobi »

It's definitely not complete. There are a few people in the world who tried to build a database, but everyone has only parts of all Dinos. It might be a big task to merge them and keep them up to date - even nowadays with better tools and communication options.
iceblue
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by iceblue »

This is along with Yahoo is the best place to reach out to all owners.
I my opion, we should use this site as a the main portal.
I am sure we could use Lincoln list as a starting point.
lcooper
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Post by lcooper »

Hi,
I don't remember receiving an email about Hungarian Dinos the other day - maybe I missed it - please could you resend?

The register that I put together starting a few years ago was an amalgamation of the other existing registers at the time and is kept up to date as mush as possible with information that I get when I see cars or recieve emails, especially from regional representatives around the world. Hans in Denmark is especially active on this front. It is a lot of work trying to keep it up to date and can never be 100% correct as not all information gets to me.

Just to explain - the totals page is visible to all people while the details pages are available only to the representatives as a number of owners do not want their details publicly known/visible.

ciao,
Lincoln
Tobi
Site Admin

Post by Tobi »

Lincoln, great to read that you're still keeping your register up to date. Even, if it is impossible to have a complete register, it's great, if everyone is in there who want's it. In deed, you should be very careful with names and towns since these cars are getting more and more expensive and are worth to steal. It's enough to know in which country or maybe region of that country the cars are.
Benz 116 w

Post by Benz 116 w »

Hello again, Lincoln I sent you four photos of the hungarian cars in February. In case anybody is interested the brown was even on sale on Autoscout 24 (pls.check the video on YouTube: Sportverda, Fiat Dino), there is a red 2.0l and 2.4l at a repair shop ( pls. check "Pásztor Classic" homepage) and there ismine, an other 2.4l Coupe (in my garage with a Mercedes 116W).

Regards, Zsolt
Benz 116 w

Post by Benz 116 w »

Dear Lincoln, I checked, you may find our correspondence on your - dinoitalia mailbox - from 18 january-22 January 2015.

Regards, Zsolt
lcooper
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Post by lcooper »

Hi Zsolt,

OK, now I understand - when you said "the other day", I thought you sent me another email recently that I had missed.

Just to explain, the register is made up mainly of cars where the chassis number is known as this is the constant identification feature of a car. I don't usually include cars without the chassis number as this can easily lead to duplicate entries if there is a notification from someone else about the same car for example.

The Hungarian cars were indeed featured in an article in the last issue of the Club Dino Italia magazine - if you could find out chassis numbers for me that would be great!

Best Regards,
Lincoln