Dino coupe

All about our Fiat Dino Coupes and Spiders

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

petermarchant
Dino: No Dino (yet)

Dino coupe

Post by petermarchant »

Hi Guys,

I have just joined your forum today and am in the process of looking to purchase a Dino coupe 2400/2000 i have only been looking for the last few months and am in no hurry but want to make the right purchase,I currently have a 1975 MK3 Jensen convertible which i an in the process of restoring, This process is taking longer than expected and has made me decide on trying to get a good solid Dino that requires little work as i want to enjoy using the car on summer weekends rather than just viewing the car on ramps as i am with the Jensen!!!!!!,

Any help would be appreciated i am based in the UK Essex area but do not mind importing a car from Europe or USA,

Look forward to reading your advice,

Kind Regards Peter,

Jensen pic attached.
Attachments
The Jensen,
The Jensen,
bertjones
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Dino coupe

Post by bertjones »

Peter

From an economic perspective, it's always better to purchase a car that has been restored by someone else. I've spent $100,00k on projects that brought $60,000 when I sold them on. So let someone else do the hard (and expensive work) and purchase something that is good enough in quality you can enjoy the driving experience. Mr. Speedlux has a nice example in the U.K.

Bert
petermarchant
Dino: No Dino (yet)

Post by petermarchant »

bertjones wrote:Peter

From an economic perspective, it's always better to purchase a car that has been restored by someone else. I've spent $100,00k on projects that brought $60,000 when I sold them on. So let someone else do the hard (and expensive work) and purchase something that is good enough in quality you can enjoy the driving experience. Mr. Speedlux has a nice example in the U.K.

Bert

Thanks Bet has he a car for sale??
Argonaut
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by Argonaut »

I do not completly agree. Restauration done by yourself gives you real confidence about what has been done. Especially around the inner steel sheets. The only thing which rally helps is a full documentation showing all steps of work... and I have seen too many restaurations where exactly those pictures are missing.
Dinofanwim
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Dinofanwim »

Dino Service badge.jpg
Dino Service badge.jpg (38.1 KiB) Viewed 8682 times
It just depends how good you are as an engineer
If you can do virtually everything yourself it is not that expensive!
And there are enough possibilities to download workshop manuals.
A reasonable second hand PC with the downloaded manuals is just perfect!
In any case, that is what I intend to do!
Attachments
IMG_0800okay.jpg
Dino Ricambi logo.jpg
Dino Ricambi logo.jpg (39.56 KiB) Viewed 8682 times
La passione per tutti creazone!
Alfre"dino", che significa tanto a suo padre Enzo!
Poi ha lanciato suo padre Enzo, il marchio "Dino".