Drain holes on coupe

All about our Fiat Dino Coupes and Spiders

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

4cambob
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Drain holes on coupe

Post by 4cambob »

should the 2.0 coupe have drain holes on the lower rear wings as per this photo.I would imagine it would get alot of incoming water off the tyres and road surface in that location.
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (55.71 KiB) Viewed 7266 times
Fanalone
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Drain holes on coupe

Post by Fanalone »

Hi, on the 2400 Coupe the water drainage pipe from the ventilation outlets on the C-pillar ends up in this 2 holes. I'm not familiar with the 2000 Coupe, but logically it should be the same even when the rear ventilation is behind the rear side windows on the 2000 Coupe. Have you welded in a replacement panel there from SF?

What kind of exhaust system do you have, don't look like std?
BC5222
4cambob

Post by 4cambob »

Unfortunately this is not my car but is the only suitable image I could find.I am about to weld in some self made panels to the lower wing area and want to make it as per original.I will look for a drain tube outlet on the rear vents now.
4cambob

Post by 4cambob »

I had a look and could find no evidence for a drain outlet.I would guess that maybe it might lead to the leading edge of the wheel arch and exit via the sill which has a number of shrouded openings.looking at the photos there is quite a difference to the vent lower positioning.
Attachments
unnamed (38).jpg
unnamed (38).jpg (94.01 KiB) Viewed 7229 times
$_57 (10).JPG