Looking for iat dino spider tail lights housing

All about our Fiat Dino Coupes and Spiders

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

iceblue
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Looking for iat dino spider tail lights housing

Post by iceblue »

Does anyone know where we can find old or reproduction of the fiat dino spider tail lights housing.
Mine are are getting pitted and these car pot metal! A fortune to get re chromed.
Attachments
IMG_2234.jpg
IMG_2233.jpg
IMG_2232.jpg
alh
Dino: Ferrari Dino 246 GT

Re: Looking for iat dino spider tail lights housing

Post by alh »

I would recommend to have them rechromed, i'm currently in the process to do that with the rear bumpers and it's less expensive than finding new ones (which also might need a rechrome considering the age). Prices for rechroming vary (as does the resulting quality), try to find a company which has been recommended by a friend or peer.

Good luck,
Adrian
fdus172
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Post by fdus172 »

I agree with Adrian.... my coupe had minor pitting on most of the chrome parts, ( which are generally unobtainable as NOS) the rechroming was expensive, but I had a shop that returned them in perfect condition. Pricing seemed to depend on the amount of hand work needed to remove the old plating - for example the window frames were the same price as some of the small interior fittings....
rossnzwpi
Dino: No Dino (yet)

Post by rossnzwpi »

I agree the re-chroming will give best results. It is actually just the rim that is on view and needs the most polishing. Pitting can be repaired by grinding out the corroded pit then brazing in the correct material - see this YouTube demonstration: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=utmgHTdlKB ... tmgHTdlKBU.

When I took a pair in to a chrome shop they were not interested given the complexity of the shape and said $500 each to re-chrome, most of which was labour in removing the old chrome.

Good luck
Ross in NZ
kurfuerst
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Post by kurfuerst »

Maybe this parts will help:
http://www.historic-cars.net/historic-c ... ino-Spider

Cheers,
Volkmar