Concorso Italiano Aug 19, 2017

All about our Fiat Dino Coupes and Spiders

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

doublegarage
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Concorso Italiano Aug 19, 2017

Post by doublegarage »

Hello.
This year's Concorso Italiano is on Saturday Aug 19, 2017 in Monterey, California.
See here for info https://concorso.com/

I'm going to be there with my 2400 Coupe - it would be great if some others would join me there - Maybe if there's a group we could convoy down there somehow, maybe from the SF Bay Area? My favourite thing to do is arrive about 7am, get a coffee and watch everyone else arrive, then you see the cars actually...moving! I've been going to this show most years since 1997 and it's great. Perhaps it's past its peak when it comes to amazing cars on display, but still a remarkable event - last years was really pretty good.

I'd really like to see more Fiats and Lancias there - I don't have anything to contribute to the Lancia section these days, but would love to see more big Fiats there. How can the Lamborghini section be 5x the size of the Fiats?

Hope to see you there, it's a great event.

-Richard
doublegarage

Re: Concorso Italiano Aug 19, 2017

Post by doublegarage »

Right, well - it's this Saturday and no replies yet. Still hoping to not be the only Fiat Dino there.

-Richard
doublegarage

Post by doublegarage »

dino 2.JPG
In the end we were 3.
2400 Coupe (mine)
2000 Coupe (Andreas)
2400 Spider (forgot name, sorry)

Elsewhere there was a real Stratos and a 246GT and (I think) a 206GTs

Just needed a 2000 Spider for the set.
Attachments
dino 1.JPG
maduno

Post by maduno »

Richard, Great photos. Can you tell me the colour of your Coupe as I am just finishing mine, done in 404 Blue Estoril,photo attached.I do also have some questions on finishing detail if you could help.Maybe private message.
Regards
Leigh(Queensland,Australia)
DSCN5692.JPG
doublegarage

Post by doublegarage »

Hi Leigh,

Sorry, just coming back to the forum after a bit of an absence. I can't tell you much about the colour of mine I'm afraid - it has certainly been painted at some point in its long journey form Italy via both coasts of Canada and the USA. The closest match I see is the "Azzuro (Blu) Metalizzato 448" mentioned on the various threads about colours on the forum.

But, I bought an aerosol can of that colour code from a place in the USA and it wasn't even close. The one fortunate thing is..I do like the colour I have. I really like your in that Blu Estoril - maybe post some more pictures. One day I'll have to paint mine and that would be a candidate.

I'm trying to work out what colour the carpet should be in a Azzuro (Blu) Metalizzato 448 car. The thread says brown "marrone" but my car's carpet is a sort of speckled-red and it looks really original - I think I'm sticking with red.

-Richard