New to the forum

All about our Fiat Dino Coupes and Spiders

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Westley
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

New to the forum

Post by Westley »

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I work in a shop in Northern California and we are restoring a 1967 Fiat Dino Spider. This is without a doubt the hardest car to find parts for that I have ever dealt with. A real close second to a Nash Healey that is also in the shop, but that is another story.

I have been buying parts from Superformance, and for the most part, they are ok. We have had issues with some of the parts that had to be modified, or were just plain wrong. For instance, the website says the front and rear brake rotors are the same and I believed them. I should have known better, but I ordered them anyway. I now check everything we order to be sure that type of thing doesn't happen again.

I have seen a few other places that sell parts, but not a good description or picture and now I am gun shy.

I joined the board to get some help and find parts to get another car back on the road. I would also be happy to share any knowledge that I have gained that may have somehow slipped by the general population, or just let you know how we did the fix or workaround for a specific part or area of the car.

Our goal is to make the car as original as possible with as many original/oem parts as we can possibly use.

Cheers,

Westley
Scalino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Re: New to the forum

Post by Scalino »

Hi Westley, welcome to the forum. It's great to hear another Dino is getting back on the road! Indeed some parts are very difficult to find, ot's a lot better than a few years ago, but some are still near impossible to find. Some forum members have stocked up ofter the years and may be able to help you.

Oh, and we love pictures ;)
ThomasK
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by ThomasK »

Hi and Welcome. You can also try the German Shop Dinoparts (Dinoparts.eu). Good luck and Please some Pictures :-)
alh
Dino: Ferrari Dino 246 GT

Post by alh »

Welcome!
mewgull
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by mewgull »

Hi All,

It's my Dino spider that Westley is trying to find parts for. It has indeed been a major hassle. My trunk hinges, although listed in SuperFormance catalog and not available. I was fortunate to connect with a wonderful Dino owner in Denmark who had hidden away a nice new pair. A Gentleman in Spain who is working on a coupe, was able to spare an oil pan that was in much better shape than mine. So we are making progress but continue to encounter problems.

Since Westley neglected the photo request, here are a couple
Attachments
the underside
the underside
The heart of it.
The heart of it.