fiat dino spider seats

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

dinoverde
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

fiat dino spider seats

Post by dinoverde »

Hi
I am looking for seats for a 2.4 liter spider. My initial research seems to indicate that say are the same as 69 fiat 124 spider. I Have a 2liter car also, and those seats are different that the 124 spider seats.. If you have detailed pictures of the 2.4liter spider seats, or any experience with those seats please let me know…
Hervé
maxlouis
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Re: fiat dino spider seats

Post by maxlouis »

These are mine; 1971 2400 Spider. The headrests came with the car and I notice that other cars have slightly different shaped shallower ones (they all look much better without headrests but probably not a good plan in any kind of shunt...)
Attachments
IMG_4642.JPG
IMG_4653.JPG
maxlouis
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by maxlouis »

2400 Spider seats = I think you're right re the 1969 FIAT 124 and didn't know that before but guess that it stands to reason - http://otowallpaper.com/1969-fiat-124-s ... mages.html (I'm assuming this is a pukka 124). They don't have the headrest holes though, but am sure you could add these easily (I did the same on a 2.0 SWB 911S by adding holes some tubing inside the seats to accommodate the rests as I thought it safer etc): also here http://cortilepittsburgh.org/photo/2010 ... e=activity
Other bits that look to be common are;
the arm rest on the doors;
window winders and shroud;
quarter glass frames, glass and fixings;
dash vents;
driver and passenger storage bins under dash;
handbrake lever, heater sliders/knobs;
ashtray(?);
rear view mirror and plastic shroud/base (same chrome finisher);
screen wipers;
probably the sun visors (difficult to see but the shape and fixings look the same);
probably the moulded plastic trim either side of the dashboard;
plastic screen 'finishers' (at the top of the chrome screen pillars); and
screen maybe?
Heres a 2400 Spider from similar angle for comparison

Matt
Attachments
IMG_4659.JPG
dinoverde
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by dinoverde »

Thanks for all this valuable infos.
I did purchase a set of 124 spider seats from a 1970 car. Can someone post pictures of their seat out of the car so I could see what the reclining mechanism looks like? On the 124 seats the reclining knob iOS all black and the release button is flat. On my 2 liter car the release mechanism is a bit different. Since I am going to do a ground up rest, I would like to make sure I ma restoring the proper seats with the proper reclining mechanism…HELP NEEDED
Thanks
Hervé