Carpet Pieces

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

500 Dino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Carpet Pieces

Post by 500 Dino »

Thanks to John jtperry8sf9 and Tobi for finding a way for us to continue the goodness of the forum, what a relief!!

I am about to replace my interior carpet set on my '67 2.0 Coupe.
I have a set to use as patterns [non-original I am sure] but they are a nice fit and seem quite correct.
What I am questioning is that there is no carpet under the front seats, is this normal?
There is a front footwell piece and a rear footwell piece but when I remove the seats, there is no carpet there. This does not have any visual effect, as the 'bare' section is not seen but I could easily get another piece made now.
Can anyone look under their seats and let me know please?

all the best
Graham
Dario
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Carpet Pieces

Post by Dario »

Hi Graham,
I replaced my original orange carpets a few years ago, and can confirm that there is no extra carpeting under the front seats, just the sound deadener.
Best,
Dario
dinoverde
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by dinoverde »

these guys are probably the only one offering carpets for dino spiders and coupe worth talking about..
https://cabrio.de/en/carpets/car-models ... upe-detail
Ribolla_67

Post by Ribolla_67 »

Be careful - I bought my coupe carpets there - nice material, but they did not fit, no chance even to modify them, the pattern was completely wrong.

When I claimed this at KHM, I never got an answer.

I had to start completey new with another company and have spent my money twice.
500 Dino

Post by 500 Dino »

It is good to know there is a source and the cost is not unreasonable. Of course, the price is only reasonable if the product works!
I used my previous carpet set as a reference, with a few corrective notes for where I could see improvements can be made and had a custom set made by Hamilton Classic Ltd in the UK
http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/
I paid £220 + vat for the set and chose where to have trim/contrast etc.
It pays to be very particular about the patterns that you start with.
Graham
1967spider

Post by 1967spider »

Hello all

I am restoring a 68 coupe and looking for a complete set of carpet including the trunk. Can someone guide me with the lastest source of carpet. My original carpet is tan in color.

A previous poster stated KHM product did not fit as well. Any comments on KHM products?

There is a vendor that sell a complete set of carpet on Ebay with reasonable pricing but in black only. Has anyone purchase their product?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323941923860?h ... SwvWVfNWxW

Thank you.

David
Attachments
IMG_4447.jpeg
1967spider

Post by 1967spider »

Dinoparts Germany also offers a complete set. Anyone purchase their carpet product for the 2.0 coupe?

https://www.dinoparts.com/en/detail/ind ... ber=105208
ThomasK

Post by ThomasK »

Hi, I ordered this year carpets for my 2400 Coupe from rapides luxe

https://www.tapis-deluxe.com/de/4577-te ... -1972.html

for cabin and boot. I am happy with quality and communication, they fit well. The pieces for the box around the gas tank entry are not included, but it was no problem to get Annette’s piece of carpet delivered afterwards for small money.

So far my personal experience on Dino carpets.

KR Thomas
AndrewMcCrae

Post by AndrewMcCrae »

I'm glad to hear it worked for you Thomas. Unfortunately even though I live in the EU, Tapis-Deluxe refuse to supply Ireland, UK, USA.

I have arranged to send my old rotten interior carpet to Lakewell in Belgium for manufacture. I'll post my experiences in a month or so when I get them back.

On the boot carpet, may I ask a question please? I can see the mats needed on the parts list but are all of these attached to a wooden board? If not, which ones do I need to get them to attach the binding so that I can wrap the binding around the boards? I have only 2 of boot carpet, the wheel arch and the right angle wood mounted piece above the wheel arch and no idea what's needed I attach a diagram.

If anybody has photos of the boot carpets and mounting board it'd be so useful please.

Thank you
Andrew
Screenshot_20211227_002639_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
ThomasK

Post by ThomasK »

Hi,
To my knowledge there are only three pieces mounted on boards: 167239 in the diagram on right and left side. They are then attached with two screws each to the body, at the rear side. Unfortunately I have no picture right now. Then there is a box around the gas tank intake. That is not on the diagram, but I made pictured as they were not part of the carpet set I received. I ordered then additional material to make this.

On the last picture the new carpets are loosely placed in the car but you can see the mentioned two screws.
Attachments
55696ECB-B6BD-4636-924D-FE0B8AA5F627.jpeg
FD7C2AD2-A293-47AC-BD2D-1D654DA02F0D.jpeg
38B03F99-E219-41D4-881D-850D716424B0.jpeg
17193CEB-F422-4B81-A8A9-AF5A8BB6EA19.jpeg