Turn Signal Flasher Relay

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

fredfrey
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Turn Signal Flasher Relay

Post by fredfrey »

My turn signals were very dim and would flash very slowly. Seems the original bi-metallic flasher relay was not up to the task. I found a replacement that is made in the USA by Novita Technologies and is available at O'Reilly auto parts for $17. Its an electra-mechanical unit that probably will not work with LEDs. It has the necessary terminals: X, L and P for the dash lights. This unit does not require a ground like the original unit that was grounded via its body. The EL13 makes a nice click sound and the lights are very bright now.
http://www.novitatech.com/?q=aftermarke ... shers/el13

Installation:
Dash Lights – azzurro wire (light blue) – to the P terminal.
Power – azzurro/nero wire (light blue with black stripe) – to the X terminal or sometimes 49
Turn Switch – viola wire (purple) – to the L terminal or sometimes 49a

A mounting tab can be glued to the top of the new relay to help attach it at the same location as the original.

68 Fiat Dino Spider, 73 Giulia Super, 66 Giulia Super, 71 Fiat 500, 72 GTV, 83 AlfaSud, 74 1600 JrZ, 2012 Abarth
Moose21
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Re: Turn Signal Flasher Relay

Post by Moose21 »

Thanks for the info! Found the flasher at Advance Auto and works great. :D
ebrown5686
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Re: Turn Signal Flasher Relay

Post by ebrown5686 »

Hi fredfrey and Moose21,
My spider could certainly do with an improvement in its flasher-ing! I'm going to chase this part down, and give it a go. Many thanks to both of you, and I look forward to seeing what happens.
The chase for excellence never ends on these things, does it?
Spider 2400 #1396