2400 Spider Keys

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

DWR46
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

2400 Spider Keys

Post by DWR46 »

Can an owner of a 2400 Spider that still has original keys answer some questions:
1. How many keys does the car use? The owners manual states TWO keys, one for ignition and the other for doors, trunk and glove box.
2. What does the DOOR key look like? Does someone have a modern key make and code for a replacement?
3. My Glove Box Lock also has electrical wiring coming out of it, but they are not hooked up to anything else in the car. It this original? It mechanically activates a slide that secures the Glove box, but what was the purpose of the electrical internals?

My car has different keys for the trunk, doors and glove box. Each key will only go into one of the locks, and I ma not sure I actually have a door key.

Thanks for the help.
Georg

Re: 2400 Spider Keys

Post by Georg »

My Dino Spider 2400 has one key for the doors and the small lever to lock the trunk. The key shows the letters SAFE on the one side and Torino on the other. And the number 191, which is probably the number for the profile. On ebay you will find blanks such as this one

https://www.ebay.de/itm/1-Schlussel-Roh ... SwFzRfKUkY

The photo shows a complete lock with keys for the glove box.

There is a small bulb in the glove box to illuminate when you open. There is a switch at the rear end of the left rail. When you draw the glove box it gives contact and the lamp swithes on.
Georg
Attachments
IMG_0765.JPG
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

Georg: Thank you for the reply. My car has the same Glove Box light and wiring you describe. However, my glove Box Lock is completely different. I will try to attach a photo of it. Can you send me a photo of the back side of your glove box lock?
Attachments
Dino resto photos # (586).JPG
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

Georg,

I was not able to respond to your pm as I am new to the site. However, I am in the United States. I would be interested in what you might have available for 2400 Headlight Switches.
Georg

Post by Georg »

The wiring on your photo has nothing to do with a Fiat Dino.

Attached photos of the complete locking mecanism. From behind the dashboard.

btw what's you name?

Georg
Attachments
IMG_2155.JPG
IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_2151.JPG
IMG_2149.JPG
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

Georg: I am Dyke Ridgley. Thank you for clarifying all this. It appears I need a complete Glove Box Lock Assembly for my car.