Front turn signal lens 1967 Dino coupe

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

bhiggins2
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Front turn signal lens 1967 Dino coupe

Post by bhiggins2 »

With the front bumper off my car for some touch up paint on the body below the bumper, I decided to take a look at my turn signal lenses. They are clear [cracks and mounted with the incorrect screws], and I thought maybe I would cast some in orange/amber using the clear ones as a model. Upon closer inspection, it appears the clear lenses are too small [too short in height - see photos] to properly fit and seal on the gasket in the turn signal housings. Length wise they seem to be fine. So, I need new lenses. Is this an issue of a reproduction part not being the correct size?, an issue with maybe a 2400 vs 2000 part?, or someone just fitting the incorrect lens? There is a significant difference in price between the Superformance at £32.95 and Dinoparts at €86.39 for the same part. Does anyone have experience with fit and finish of either parts? Any advice or recommendation would be appreciated. Thanks, Ben.
Attachments
20201201_182410.jpg
20201201_182357.jpg
dinoverde
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Re: Front turn signal lens 1967 Dino coupe

Post by dinoverde »

your problem is that you do not have the correct rubber gasket.. The original gasket is a lot thicker (than the one you have installed)and also covers the outside lip of the light body. The lens will work if you have the right gasket..
correct seal:http://www.cicognaniguarnizioni.it/Fiat ... 75252_3498
Hervé
ThomasK
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by ThomasK »

Beneath the topic of the right gasket: the lenses are in clear and orange available, as the housings and the wiring is different.

Original Italian cars had white lenses and the parking lights were included in the indicator. Therefore the bulb holder has contacts for bulbs with two functions (5 watts/21 watts).

For example cars originally delivered to Germany had yellow indicator lenses, parking light in the main bend and therefore the bulb holder has only one contact for the indicator (21 watt).

But I think you start with the right gaskets, especially as they are available.

KR Thomas
dinoverde
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by dinoverde »

very good point