Pressure valve on the fuel filter

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

1des3mousquettaires
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Pressure valve on the fuel filter

Post by 1des3mousquettaires »

Hello guys,

I'm actually looking for some info about the pressure valves on the fuel filter of my 2.0 Coupé.
There is a screw on top of the filter with which one can regulate the fuel pressure,but I can't find anything about it's function in the "Specifications and features" manual.
Can anybody help?

Thank's a lot in advance!

Dirk
ThomasK
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Pressure valve on the fuel filter

Post by ThomasK »

The pressure regulator is for: regulating the fuel pressure - by turning the screw.
Therefore you need to have an (temporarely9 installed) instrument to show you the current fuel pressure, to be put in the fuel line after the pressure regulator.
In the manual the fuel pressure is said to be 0,23 psi, so you should turn the screw until this pressure is reached.
KR, Thomas
Xgrau
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Post by Xgrau »

ThomasK wrote:The pressure regulator is for: regulating the fuel pressure - by turning the screw.
Therefore you need to have an (temporarely9 installed) instrument to show you the current fuel pressure, to be put in the fuel line after the pressure regulator.
In the manual the fuel pressure is said to be 0,23 psi, so you should turn the screw until this pressure is reached.
KR, Thomas
I read the text above and I think the correct pressure is 0,23 Bar (not psi)

KR, Xgrau
Fiat Dino coupe 2.0 / Fiat X1/9 / Alfa Giulia Sprint 62 / Ferrari 360 / Bimota DB1
ThomasK
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by ThomasK »

yes, correct, sorry for my fault.