Cromadora wheels

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

rdk
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Re: Cromadora wheels

Post by rdk »

Hugo

Coincidently I was this evening reading Club Dino Italia’s Dino News - Lincoln kindly allowed me to purchase the back copies.

The original Fiat service bulletin is listed in the back which has the specs for the Dino Coupe 2400; others may know better but these Cromadoras look the same. If the colour match is correct see the image below.
image.jpg
Thanks
Rob
Gaelicguy

Post by Gaelicguy »

Hi Rob
Did you actually post any pics with your last post. I’m very interested in the colour as I’d prefer that to powdercoating in an almost the same colour!
Michael
‘67 Spider
Too many motos and cars, not enough life left! :D
rdk

Post by rdk »

Hi Michael

Yes there is an picture - an image of the page which is the Fiat bulletin, for the 2400 Coupe; I assume the colour is the same. Maybe worth trying to see it on a computer but the text reads

“Whenever wheel rim paint peeling or flaking off occurs, paint repairs should be performed using the following products:

- Cast iron grey metallic enamel no. 2427078
- Reducer no. 1.994.041

Orders can be placed via Italver… Milan

The paint must be applied with viscosity 37” Ford 3 Cup and dried forty minutes at 212 F (100 C) in an oven with radiant heat”

A quick Google suggests the Ferrari forums discuss Italver paints at length so there might be some more detail out there on colour match etc.

Good luck!
Rob
Gaelicguy

Post by Gaelicguy »

Rob,
Thanks for the clarification. I did see the photo of the bulletin. I misunderstood and thought ther were actual pic of the wheels.
I will be using the details in the bulletin.
Thanks again
Michael
Too many motos and cars, not enough life left! :D
dinoverde

Post by dinoverde »

keep it original..enjoy the fact that good used wheels are still available..you can always buy after market..original wheels will not be around for ever..