Need help with front ashtray 2000 FIAT Dino coupe

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

bhiggins2
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Need help with front ashtray 2000 FIAT Dino coupe

Post by bhiggins2 »

I took my front ashtray apart for re-chroming. Usually I take photos before and after disassembly and all parts are tagged and labelled and photographed before going to be chromed or polished. I wasn't going to pay to have the bottom of the ashtray receptacle chromed, as no one will see it and I can chrome powder coat that for a lot less than real chrome plate. Somehow, I failed to take the photos [or lost them] of the ashtray before disassembly and before the parts went to the chrome shop. Attached are the photos of the pieces that came back from the chrome shop.
DSC_0720.JPG
The rear bumpers were straightened/polished and license plate light bezel was also re-chromed at the same time. It appears to me, that I am missing a piece. There large top bezel for the whole ashtray, there is the top, the bezel for the top, but there are some tabs [see yellow arrows in the second attached photo] which should be holding another part. I have the bag with the drilled out rivets, springs and ashtray base, so it is highly unlikely that I kept a part and didn't put it in the bag with the parts that were not chromed. Can someone confirm that I am in fact missing a part, and if possible, take a photo of that part for me so I can have my chrome plater search for it?
Thanks, Ben.
Attachments
ashtray.pdf
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 178 times