Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Re: Fiat Dino hardtop restoration help

Post by jnk »

Charlie PM sent
Philt68

Post by Philt68 »

i'm confused about the hard top-what i've heard is that the 2.4 hard top fits both cars, but the 2.0 doesn't....i have a hard top, but it doesn't seem to fit my 2.4-

does anyone have a restored hard top for a 2.4, that they can post pix of-especially with it on, how it fits, the attachment mechanism front and back, etc...

would be MUCH obliged!

thanks

phil
Dino John
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by Dino John »

jnk wrote:Ivan,
There were two different makers of the hardtops. Pininfarina and Marcplas. They look very similar. The marcplas one is the picture that I posted. The Pininfarina one has a smooth vinyl top and a thicker chrome band around the rear window. You could order a hardtop for a 2.0 car as well as a 2.4 car. Although most were ordered for the 2.4 cars.
Interesting how a pic of my top shows up here...Sorry but not happy :shock:
I have asked for clarification on the subject from a Dino Spider owner enthusiast with over 35 years experience and 5 or 6 Dino's to his name , will post his explanation when i receive his reply..

Cheers
John
jnk

Post by jnk »

i posted the picture of the hard top as I got it from googling Fiat Dino Hardtop images. I used it for clarification purposes.
Dino John

Post by Dino John »

jnk wrote:I have purchased a hardtop for my 2.4 Dino Spyder. It is a Marcplas one ( as apposed to the Pininfarina one ). Does anyone have one that they can post or send me some good pictures of the top from all sides and the inside ? It would be appreciated.
email- jkann@tristateortho.com
And I don't have a problem with that , just strange you would use a pic other than your own as you had just made a hardtop purchase.
jnk

Post by jnk »

My hardtop is in 20 pieces and would not be appropriate to show for clarification purposes. But it looks like the one in the google picture ( which we now know is yours ).
Dino John

Post by Dino John »

No problem jnk that's good enough for me…
I did find out that the hard top was made and supplied in 2 versions i.e. soft and course top depending on the year of car manufacture, my top is in a car storage facility so as soon as i get a chance to go there i will have a good look at it , I've been told that mine is definitely made by pininfarina but who knows ? there may be a badge somewhere inside it… will let you know if i find one.
2dinos

Post by 2dinos »

How do the hardtops attach to the car? I heard they scratch up the car I assume the front is easy, and it clips to the windshield frame like the soft top - but how does the back mout??

Thanks!
iceblue

Looking for a nice dino spider hard top

Post by iceblue »

Hey guys I am looking for a dino spider hard top that would fit my 2.4.
Rumor has it that the top for the 2.0 is different than the 2.4?

If anyone knows of one fore sale send me an email
Olivier@imsnews.com