Ignition Dinoplex / MSD / etc.

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

Tobi
Site Admin
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Ignition Dinoplex / MSD / etc.

Post by Tobi »

JeremyC wrote:Good point but I would like it starting on the button for the body man so that's why I'm considering doing it.
Even if the Dinoplex (or another good electronic ignition) improves starting a bit, it should also start without problems on points. If not, there is a different problem that might not go away with an ignition system.
Stefan2000
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Re: Ignition Dinoplex / MSD / etc.

Post by Stefan2000 »

I would also rather stay with the points system and just see how it fires up or go all the way and do a thorough conversion also based on the future.
About the modules, the modules that I buy from my parts dealer are also the Bosch made in Taiwan, I think if it's from a serious manufacturer with a good reputation it will be good unregardless where it's build (I don't think there are a row of Taiwanese people lined up soldering these things together ;) ). I think these same spec modules were also build by Magneti Marelli and other respected manufacturers.
And I'm a bit skeptic about the whole 'made in Germany' thing anyway. I think what's build there is and never was any better or worse than stuff that came from Italy/France/Japan/USA etc. etc.