Windshield and rear glass installation question

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

frrarinut
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Windshield and rear glass installation question

Post by frrarinut »

Hi all, This is my first post here. I did a search but found no related topics. I am reassembling a very nice 2.0 Bertone coupe after a VERY long restoration process. I am about to install the front windshield, and the rear glass using the original glass and the original rubber seals (both still in very good condition) and I am looking for advice from those who have done this before on your Dinos. I have installed glass before on a number of 60's cars so I am familiar with glass installation. The rubbers on the Dino have a small lower (inside) lip, and a large outside lip. Normally with this type of rubber I would expect to install the rubber to the glass first, then using a string pull the inner lip towards the inside of the car to install the glass. On the Dino this rubber seal is not easily accessible from the inside so I am not sure this is the correct process. On these cars do you folks normally install the rubber to the glass first and then pull it inwards, or do you install the rubber to the body first, and then pull the rubber outwards with a string towards the outside, to pull it over the glass? Experience is better than guessing and I don't want to damage my original rubbers trying the wrong procedure. Thank you for any help.