Differential Crossmember

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

71Dino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Differential Crossmember

Post by 71Dino »

I am currently trying to restore my 1971 Fiat Dino Coupe. I am in the process of refurbishing the underside parts and noticed a small problem with my differential cross member. I just noticed that there seems to be a broken bracket on the cross member as you will see from the photo.

Can anyone tell me what the bracket is for and if possible can someone send me a photo of the bracket?

Cheers
Attachments
IMG_0489.JPG
IMG_0488.JPG
ThomasK

Re: Differential Crossmember

Post by ThomasK »

Here is a Picture, not in the best light, as it is within my storage full with "Brown Gold"...

When I am not completely wrong it´s the point where to attach/mount the fuel pump.

I hope it helps you further on although ist a bit hard to see.

KR, Thomas
Attachments
Traverse Dino.jpg
71Dino

Post by 71Dino »

Thanks Thomas

That really helps, I assumed that it would be a simple right angle bracket but that looks a bit more complicated. You are probably right, it is probably for the fuel pump, my car is missing the fuel pump so that makes sense. I think I should be able to make a similar shaped bracket easily enough from your photo.

Is that 2 cross members I see in your photo, are you collecting them or something?

Thanks again, really appreciate the photo.

Cheers

Darren
ThomasK

Post by ThomasK »

Good to hear that I could help.

...yes, there are some more parts...I fear even more than one :-)
..the bigger your storage is the more parts come to you - this is somehow something like a rule of nature :-)

KR, Thomas