2400 Rocker Trim

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

71Dino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

2400 Rocker Trim

Post by 71Dino »

Hi

Can anyone help me identify the correct rocker trim for a 2400 Coupe. I have seen several different versions:

The Dino 2400 Spare Parts Manual shows a three piece trim similar to the 2000 but it wraps around the wheel arches.

Many photos show a single piece trim that wraps around the wheel arches.

Some photos show a single piece trim that stops short of the wheel arches, similar to the 2000 trim but a single piece instead of a three piece.

Is there any differences between Coupe and Spider trims?

I would really appreciate if anyone can send me photos or details on their trim, especially if they are original.

Cheers
Attachments
single piece wrap around trim
single piece wrap around trim
Single piece trim
Single piece trim
Single piece trim
Single piece trim
Looks like an original photo with a single piece wrap around trim
Looks like an original photo with a single piece wrap around trim
Dino 2400 Rocker Trim.pdf
Spare Parts Catalogue shows 3 piece wrap around trim
(507.36 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
Tobi
Site Admin

Re: 2400 Rocker Trim

Post by Tobi »

The 2400 has a single piece trim. I've never seen the wrap around pieces on a car. I'm surprised to see this in the parts panual. I don't know if Coupe and Spider trims are identicl, but it is not likely.
Emanuel H
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by Emanuel H »

I have been looking for this part for a long time. At times, very original cars are fitted with it, but no parts dealer could ever deliver the trim, and no one I have ever asked could answer the question of whether the trim was fitted during the entire production life of the car. The drawing is not very accurate, the trim is quite short and also thinner than the main trim. Clearly and differently to the 2000 coupe, the main trim consists of one major piece only and clearly, the spider is a different story all together.
Last edited by Emanuel H on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi
Site Admin

Post by Tobi »

The 2400 Coupe didn't even have these trims in the brochure. Maybe they've been intended but never installed. Or they were supposed to fall off immediately, even before taking the car to the studio for taking the brochure pictures.
2,4 COUPE_ansichten.JPG
grand Turismo

Post by grand Turismo »

This small chrome item's you find only on the 2400 Coupe.They all had them when new.
Today most Dino 2400 coupe don't have them any more.But you always find them on original untouched cars.
Not possible,or very hard to find used.On my green car I had them rechromd.
They are on the brochure,just hard to see.

71Dino

Post by 71Dino »

Thanks Grand Turismo

Can you tell me if your trim is a single piece or does the part that wraps around the wheel arch detach from the main trim? I know someone who has two single piece trims without the wrap around part, they look exactly like the 2000 trim but are a single piece and not the three piece like the 2000. The two trims that he has are different lengths, one is 1520mm long and one is 1640 mm long. He thinks the 1520mm piece is off a 2400 Spider and the 1640mm is off a 2400 Coupe.

If the 2400 Coupe trim has the wrap around part then the two different lengths don't make sense.
grand Turismo

Re: 2400 Rocker

Post by grand Turismo »

Single pices with 2 small screws.Often in bad shape like on the photos or whorse.Possible the reason why so many dont have them anymore.
Not sure of the lenght of the trim.Will check.

Tobi
Site Admin

Post by Tobi »

Thanks for clarifying this. In the parts manual, these trims seemed to have the same cross section as the large trims. I've never noticed them until I've seen your post here.
grand Turismo

Post by grand Turismo »

The lenght of the trim is 174 cm.
Since we are on the topic original,here is a photo of how thing was when The 2400 Coupe left the factory.Alu wheels black and gray, hubcap chrome and black, black paint under rocker trim and the small black plastik trim between bumper and carosserie.For them who like to stick to original.

71Dino

Post by 71Dino »

Thanks Grand Turismo

Thats great information and very helpful.

It doesn't explain how my friend has a 152 cm and 164 cm long trim when your trim is 174cm, I wander if they made a shorter length (164cm) for either an earlier or later model 2400 Coupe.

Can anyone else check the length of their rocker trim so we can try and make some sense of this?