All blacked areas on dino coupe

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

4cambob
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

All blacked areas on dino coupe

Post by 4cambob »

Hello guys.I am progressing with my 2lt coupe body restoration and would like to ask if anyone can confirm all the bodywork areas that were factory painted black.my list so far is as follows.engine bay,underside of the bonnet/hood,all the interior,all the boot area,underside of boot lid,the hollow area behind the rear valance,the front headlight mounting pods and the vertical flat area they are attached and extending about 1 inch out to the flat plane that the grill rests on, the rear side of the A post where the door hinges mount ,also includes the leading door hinge face.I am not sure about the underside of the car (but not inner wheel arches),or the sills/rocker panels,or the flat lower face of the rear valance and rear wings.And finally should the black be matt,silk ,eggshell finish
GaryS

Re: All blacked areas on dino coupe

Post by GaryS »

The leading door hinge face? If it is visible in the door port it should be body color. The body under the decorative bertone sill (?) plates are body color.The finish is pretty flat, maybe with a little satin. You should find areas on the car unless you had the chassis tanked or shelled.
4cambob

Re: All blacked areas on dino coupe

Post by 4cambob »

Hi Gary,thanks for the reply.On my car the area you see the hinges mounted to the body when you open the door or the door port as you call it had been painted black over the original body colour.It is very difficult to know if this was original or not but I will go with your version.