carpet set

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

doublegarage
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

carpet set

Post by doublegarage »

I'm not sure if this should be in the technical section - but anyway.

My 1971 2400 Coupe has nasty red polyester carpets that were I believe were made in Canada - definitely not original. I'm planning to make a carpet set from RadiciUSA Admiral carpet which I have in another car and find looks great and is suitably tough.

I need the rubber heel pads to complete the set and Cicognani sells these. My question is, why do they sell them in sets of 3? Picture here: http://www.cicognaniguarnizioni.it/imag ... 00x564.jpg
..and below.

The only thing I can think of is...1 in the glued carpets for the driver, one in each loose mat that sits over the driver's and passenger's floor. In other words, the passenger's glued carpet is missing the heel pad? Does that sound look right? Could someone with an original car check for me please? Thanks.

One other thing, the seats fabric in my car were long ago replaced with grey vinyl, whereas I think it should have been the velour material, either in blue or beige. Does anyone have an unused piece of that old velour stuff they kept so that I could try looking for a match? Or maybe someone knows where to buy the original stuff?

Thanks again,

-Richard
Attachments
cico dino.jpg
cico dino.jpg (32.41 KiB) Viewed 3356 times