Cromodora wheels for sale

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

rickjames8
Dino: No Dino (yet)

Cromodora wheels for sale

Post by rickjames8 »

Hi All-

I bought a set of 5 original Cromodora wheels a few years ago and refurbished them for a project I was working on. Then we had a baby and the project changed directions and I no longer need these rims. I've been trying sell them on and off for a few months with no luck.

I see new sets going for about $2k, and at one point seen some sold sets on eBay selling for about $2k. I had thought that OEM rims might fetch a higher price, but I've had no interest at $1500. Can anyone tell me the value of a set of 5 rims without hubcaps? They are stamped Fiat, and not Ferrari and have a date code of 68 on the back.

Thanks!
Georg
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Re: Cromodora wheels for sale

Post by Georg »

Hi Rick

The pricing for used original Fiat Dino rims depends on where (country) and in which market (ebay, subito.it, fairs, etc) these are being offered. US based (ebay) offers seem to be the very highest, followed by Italian offers. Here in Germany pricing tends to be moderate.

Given the fact that Superformance offers a set of 4 NEW rims for GBP 950 (without hubcaps) why spending USD 1500 or more for a set of used ones?

My experience was trying to sell a set of good but non refurbished rims a few years ago and I was happy to fetch EUR 500 after quite some time of offering. Almost no demand. I assume that in these days most Dino owners have a second set of rims on stock.

Finally, as always, pricing will be influenced by the situation. Does the buyer desperately need the rims or would he just put them on stock for let’s say an emergency (break, theft).

It may be somewhat different when the rims carry the letters DINO instead of just FIAT. Ferrari Dino 246 owners are happy to own such rims.

Georg
HugoHarris

Post by HugoHarris »

For what it's worth I have a set of rims listed on Ebay for a while, located in the UK and they have attracted almost no interest. They are a set of four nearly immaculate (little used since professional restoration) "Dino" script rims - datestamped and therefore certifiably original. I surmise there are no 246GT owners out there looking for wheels!
2400 Spider #1364
rickjames8

Post by rickjames8 »

Thanks for the replies. It does seem that perhaps I'm asking too much then. I'll adjust my pricing. Thanks!
HugoHarris

Post by HugoHarris »

As an update, shortly after my last post i received an offer of £1,500 for my set of 4 "Dino" script wheels on Ebay. As I hadn't got a set of "FIAT" script replacements (which I believe to b correct for my car) lined up I didn't accept the offer. But it is another maarket indicator. I also spotted this auction result for a set of Campags: https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/FF17 ... 007/466798
2400 Spider #1364
jwfdino

Post by jwfdino »

Have 1 246GT 6x14 Cromodora “Dino” inscripted wheel for sale
music27
Dino: Ferrari Dino 246 GT

Post by music27 »

Hi JW Do you still have 1 wheel for sale ?
bestens Flemming