1967 Coupe Dash Removal

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

GFoster
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

1967 Coupe Dash Removal

Post by GFoster »

Hi:

I am needing to work on my instrument cluster gauges and want to go ahead and remove the entire dashboard. The dashboard is cracked so I need to fix it anyway.

The problem is I don't have a clue where to start and do not want to damage anything due to trial and error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gordon
fdus172
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Re: 1967 Coupe Dash Removal

Post by fdus172 »

Gordon, I'm working from memory since it's been a few years since I pulled the dash from my '67 coupe. But it does take time and you'll need some dexterity to reach fasteners.

+ the steering wheel has to come off ( but if you can avoid removing the turn signal and headlight switches - leave them alone. the reinstall is a pain)
+ small top dash section is easy. the vents are on clips. just lift the vents slightly and pop the clips. then there are a few allen screws holding the top section.
+ remove the glove box.
+ remove the front section of the console ( the wood piece with all the switches). I don't know if the entire console must go - mine was out already since I was gutting the interior.
+ remove the caps from the heater etc. levers. I don't remember if the wire connections have to be taken apart...
+ unplug all the wiring ( be sure to mark all the connections - I used tape and numbered them - and noted everything in a drawing.) the fuse box can stay in place.
+ there are a number of spring clips, machine screws and nuts holding the dash in place from underneath. many are hard to reach / find. you just have to keep looking.
+ the gauges come out with the dashboard.

you'll be spending a lot of time on your back - I would recommend removing the seats before you start. take lots of notes and pictures...

good luck and be patient

Rick Wohleber
Portland Oregon