dino wheels

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

DNO71
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

dino wheels

Post by DNO71 »

Hi, New to the Fiat Dino Forum but certainly not new to Dino ownership! Has anyone got a 1971/72 Cromodora bolt on wheel, tubeless type with safety flange, for sale? Must be in good condition to refurbish. Regards, Richard
Georg
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Re: dino wheels

Post by Georg »

Richard, I have sent you a PM, have several rims on stock. Georg
beebee246

Post by beebee246 »

Richard,
I can also help if you are based in the UK. I have a single wheel, and also a set of 4 available.
Regards, brian
Georg

Post by Georg »

Here are some pictures. All are nude, paint has been taken off chemically. You see all, no bad surprises.
Attachments
IMG_0960.JPG
IMG_0961.JPG
IMG_0964.JPG
IMG_0965.JPG
DNO71

Post by DNO71 »

beebee246 wrote:Richard,
I can also help if you are based in the UK. I have a single wheel, and also a set of 4 available.
Regards, brian
Hi Brian, I am based in UK and need only one single wheel, date stamped on rear 71/72 which has a step on the narrow ledge of the inner rim. If you have a good one can you give me a price including delivery and a description of condition. Regards, Richard
beebee246

Post by beebee246 »

Hi Richard,
I'll need to dig it out of the shed to inspect for the details you seek, but I fear that it will be an earlier wheel, as I'm fairly sure it came off a 1970 car. Where in the uk would it be delivered to, and do we by chance know each other. Are you perhaps Richard Szeremeta?
Regards, brian
DNO71

Post by DNO71 »

Georg wrote:Here are some pictures. All are nude, paint has been taken off chemically. You see all, no bad surprises.
Thanks for your response and photographs Georg. I have both types of wheels, early and late. The later ones do have a safety ledge for tubeless tyres. It is a later wheel which I am seeking. Thank you once again for your response. Regards, Richard
DNO71

Post by DNO71 »

beebee246 wrote:Hi Richard,
I'll need to dig it out of the shed to inspect for the details you seek, but I fear that it will be an earlier wheel, as I'm fairly sure it came off a 1970 car. Where in the uk would it be delivered to, and do we by chance know each other. Are you perhaps Richard Szeremeta?
Regards, brian
Hi Brian, Yes it is me! Good to hear from you, sent you past emails wishing you well after last seeing you but think I may have had an old email address for you. I am seeking a wheel to match those which I already have with a tiny recess for the bolt on tubeless type of valve. As you know the car is coming up to 50 years old and I wanted to bring it back to standard and remove the Ferrari wheels, which in fairness made the car handle less well than the original ones. I have put on the original ones with Michelin tyres and they have transformed it! Looks great too! Let me know what you have, if unsure should be date stamped on reverse of wheel, year of manufacture. Regards, Richard
beebee246

Post by beebee246 »

Richard,
Sorry you couldn't get hold of me. My e mail changed to brian1boxall@btinternet.com. It would be great to continue corresponding privately, so drop me a note so that I have your e mail address which I have mislaid.
I'll check the wheel at the weekend as it is barely visible under a ton of other stuff, but my bet is that it's unsuitable for you, as it is almost surely a 1970 early type wheel,
Cheers, brian