Two spiders coming up for auction

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

HugoHarris
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Two spiders coming up for auction

Post by HugoHarris »

https://www.aguttes.com/en/lot/106406/1 ... npp=&sort=&
https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auct ... farina-sb/

If I owned either of these pretty drivers I'd be holding for now and timing the sale to take advantage of the post-Covid bounce (spring / summer 2021? fingers crossed!)
2400 Spider #1364
ebrown5686

Re: Two spiders coming up for auction

Post by ebrown5686 »

Hi Hugo,
What do you think of those auction estimates?
Ed
Spider 2400 #1396
HugoHarris

Post by HugoHarris »

Sorry Ed, missed your post. I have no feel for where the market is right now (and it would only depress me :lol: ) but I am curious at the decision to sell now when the liklihood is there will be a bounce in most markets post vaccine mid next year. I think these auctions took place over the weekend, no results I can see just yet.

PS it looks like the pretty blue 2L spider at Historics didn't sell..
2400 Spider #1364
Argonaut
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by Argonaut »

The yellow one sold well and cannot be compared with yours, Hugo.

Nevertheless, no one can say what the future will bring and whether the prices will stay stable the next years, specially as all initiatives world-wide are heading for cars without consuming resources.
ebrown5686

Post by ebrown5686 »

Hello all,
If I read the result correctly for the 2400, it apparently made just over 189K euros(around $210K?), a strong result no doubt if I've got it straight. It's a shame the pretty 2L spider didn't sell. On the other hand, it may be the seller just has enough confidence to hang in there a little longer, too bad we can't get the full story.
I'd agree that the 2400 did not nearly have the same presence as Hugo's car! So Hugo, don't hang your head, man...someone out there really jumped on that yellow car and paid top dollar!
I kinda think our cars move relatively to the 60's-70's Ferrari's, and it appears they have been taking their lumps. I noticed a 1969 Daytona cut spyder sell on BaT a few days ago for $415K, Probably a 20-30% drop in where the same was a couple of years ago, I'm guessing. Still a ridiculous amount of money in a car collector echelon I don't understand!
In any case, I probably speak for most of us that I'd rather have my Fiat Dino over a Ferrari anytime!
Ed
Spider 2400 #1396
HugoHarris

Post by HugoHarris »

Amen to that Ed!
2400 Spider #1364
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

Ed: You have a Ferrari, it just has a different badge on the nose!
Argonaut
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by Argonaut »

I am driving again and agian long distances with my Fiat Dinos and I am arriving usually without being tired and worn out. This is not possible with the Ferrari Dinos or the 308 GT4s. The seat position and the way you more a less lie in those cars makes it difficult to have a relaxed long distance trip.

IMHO underlined with my experience.
Tobi
Site Admin
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Tobi »

I can only confirm what Argonaut has written. In particular the Coupe is a great Gran Turismo. I leave my Coupe after a 7-hour trip to Italy as relaxed as my recent Volvo.
ebrown5686

Post by ebrown5686 »

I would agree with all of you guys,these cars both spider and coupe have a special place in the Italian car world. Ferrari, Alfa, Maserati, Lancia, etc. are all cool cars, no doubt. I guess our cars came about as something of a happy accident, a random Fiat/Ferrari thing just to get a single engine design allowed to race. But the result is greater than the sum of the parts, either model...sneaky-fast but comfortable, elegant but not pretentious, and VERY Italian! I probably am speaking for many of us when I say my Dino just somehow just fits me like no other, physically and emotionally.
But they can sometimes sure beat us up!
Ed
Spider 2400 #1396