Need: armrests in beige/creme

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

ThomasK
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Need: armrests in beige/creme

Post by ThomasK »

I am looking for original armrests right/left in beige/creme that fit to the rest of the original interior. See picture. Need also the Panels in the front footroom r/l.
23E0F2BA-157F-415C-B182-6840BB806032.jpeg
KR Thomas
ThomasK

Re: Need: armrests in beige/creme

Post by ThomasK »

Have only black or bad examples...before I renew them I prefer original ones/material.
3D97A1BF-C5E6-42E6-B795-0E5F6BE1A994.jpeg
00C8C777-01BD-4271-B653-3707BA7D533C.jpeg
GaryS
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Post by GaryS »

The front side panels are easy enough to make from basic supplies and simple tools. For the armrests looks like you already got some good ones, just reupholster them. Preferably by a trim shop, but not to dificult to do oneself if you have a basic home sewing machine, decent scissors, and some upholstery glue or contact cement.
ThomasK

Post by ThomasK »

Hi Gary,
Thanks for your Reply.

I try to build up my Coupe as original a s possible therefore I try to use also whereever possible Original Material.

As Long As I don’t find Good Originals I will use re-trimmed ones.

Thx and KR Thomas
GaryS
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Post by GaryS »

Agree wholly on originality - With a pause on old vinyl. Vintage leather can maintain charm, vintage vinyl not so much in the case of the Fiat Dino. For the side panels they are made from pine style wood and a fibre board that is readily available. Over the years the fibreboard gets compromised by ambient moisture at the least. These pieces can easily be made as an honest duplicate to the original supply ... In my case the RH forward corner where the panel goes into the upper curvature of the wheelwell was showing a mild bend crease. Small detail but it annoyed me so I investigated and found that these are very basic items. I redid mine, optimising the fit with the newer carpeting and its underlay with ease and satisfaction. There arent many parts that would qualify for this approach but when there is .. its worth exploring!