W: hubcaps and sill chrome trim

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

2400Dino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

W: hubcaps and sill chrome trim

Post by 2400Dino »

I'm missing hubcaps from my cromodora wheels and also the trims under the doors.

-mika, Finland
grand Turismo

Re: W: hubcaps and sill chrome trim

Post by grand Turismo »

Hi Mika

I dont not have any of the items you ask for but I can give some info regarding hubcaps.

Hubcaps for the Dino 2400 is hard to find items.But they do turn up in eBay now and then.
I did find a brand new set (NOS) in a messe in Italy last year and had to pay 360.- eur for a set of four.
Anyway if you find a used set they have normally lost the dark gray/black paint that was original on the 2400 Coupe so they are all chrome.The Fiat emblem is also normally faded.
If you find a set,its an easy task to restore them back to originals.
My old ones had lost most of the paint and faded emblem so i cleand them for the rest of the old paint.Then I did find the right color and repaint them.
If the Fiat hubcap emblem is bad you can buy new one from Superformance.
http://www.superformance.co.uk/a-fiat/badges.htm
They are not 100% like the original but they are very good

Here a photo.The new one on the left side. The other is repainted with a new emblem.

Here a photo on how the original hubcap is one the Cromodora wheels. Remember that the Cromodora wheels also had the black fields on the 2400 coupe.

Here you can see the diffrence on the wheels. Factory original look on the front.What do owners prefer ?
Last edited by grand Turismo on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dutch Dino

Post by The Dutch Dino »

Actually, the 'black' on the wheels on my all original wheels is a very dark grey.
The dark part was still good, so I only repainted the silver part and then a clear gloss on them.
This is how they turned out.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Leo
Dino Coupé 2400x2
The Netherlands
gaetan fourez

Post by gaetan fourez »

The Dutch Dino wrote:Actually, the 'black' on the wheels on my all original wheels is a very dark grey.
The dark part was still good, so I only repainted the silver part and then a clear gloss on them.
This is how they turned out.
Hi,
Can you give me details of the paint used? Where did you buy? I am from belgiu,so i guess i can find here. Thks, gaetan
The Dutch Dino

Post by The Dutch Dino »

Sanded and taped off
Sanded and taped off
I first sanded the parts i wanted to paint, then put one layer of zinc spray on. For the silver part I just used a spray can. Just silver wheel spray that you get in every do it yourself store. I believe I just used cheap Motip. Any brand is fine...
Then I just covered it in a couple of layers of clear gloss from a spray can.
The dark grey part I did not paint. I taped it over with news paper when spraying the silver part.
I put gloss on the whole wheel to make it shine.
Attachments
image.jpg
Zinc sprayed
Zinc sprayed
Leo
Dino Coupé 2400x2
The Netherlands
grand Turismo

Post by grand Turismo »

It is like Leo say,the dark fields on the Cromadora are not black.They are more dark gray original
Image[/url]
Also the dark fields on the Cromadora looks like a close match to gray color of the hubcaps
On the Cromodora dark fields I used black satin.It's more dark than the original but looking ok.

Image[/url]

The color I used on the refurbished hubcaps; Alfa Romeo Giulietta color 319B.It's a metallic color but it works perfect on the hubcaps.Original brand new on the left and on the right the one refurbished in 319B.
Attachments
A47ECC06-D5E6-416B-9634-615E9780B120.jpeg
Last edited by grand Turismo on Thu May 03, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Luis A

Post by Luis A »

I would like to paint the dark gray area of my wheels.

Does anyone know the correct dark gray color RAL or name? I have not been able to find anything that is a very dark gray like that.