Door hinge bushes

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Stefan2000
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Door hinge bushes

Post by Stefan2000 »

Just had some bushes made for the door hinges, if anyone is in need I can have them refabricated.
MaseratiSD
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Door hinge bushes

Post by MaseratiSD »

Do you have any of your door hinge bushings handy? I'm trying to get my car to Monterey this year and the door hinges are the last bits I need...

MaseratiSD
Brent
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Brent »

Hi Stefan,
I have a 2400 Dino Coupe with sagging hinges. Is it easy to have these re-fabricated or are you able to point me towards someone who can supply them?
Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Regards,
Brent
New Zealand
fdus172

Post by fdus172 »

I was able to get door bushings and pins for my 2.0 coupe from Fiat Plus in the US. The fit was terrific..

http://www.fiatplus.com/

Rick Wohleber
Portland Or
GaryS

Post by GaryS »

baahhh plastic. I used 'used' valve guides (dino of course) and turned down the OD (for a very mild friction fit) and trimmed to length. ID is 8mm as is doorpin - and valve stem. For upper shoulder I used a washer. Felt like an idiot savant when I came up with that one! (further dividend the valve guide is a naturally lubricating alloy) Even a worn guide (substantial stem to guide wobble) will provide an exceptionally precise and extremely long lasting solution for a better hinge bushing. Also worth mentioning, the quality of the doorpins Bertone used (1967) is very high. No corrosions, discolorations, or galling of the splines upon inspection after being pressed out.
Gary
Stefan2000

Post by Stefan2000 »

I do not have them right now but I could share the dimensions if you want to have them remanufactured at a machine shop at your place.
johnharrill
Dino: No Dino (yet)

Post by johnharrill »

Sent mine off the guy on Ebay (Really!) and he did a great job. Bores out the pins and inserts bronze bushings

https://www.ebay.com/usr/fast-action?_t ... 7675.l2559