new gas tank for 2.0 Coupe

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Argonaut
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

new gas tank for 2.0 Coupe

Post by Argonaut »

Hi everyone,

I am in a desperate need of a gas tank for a Dino Coupe. Mine is fully rusted. Unfortunately the old one was thrown away and exchanged by a faulty sample.

In case anyone has got a spare one please contact me under "g.rohde@striped-giraffe.com".

Best

Argonaut
dominicdino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Re: new gas tank for 2.0 Coupe

Post by dominicdino »

I have a apare but do not want to let it go, HOWEVER, it could be used as a dimensional model to build a new one out of galvenized with near identical

dimensions.

I'd be happy to send pix and measurements or assist with making one of them......there are a number of fabricators in hemmings who can do this.

a cheaper way is to find one that is nearly identical in LxWxH with a filler pipe in the right location and retrofit with brackets.......

I have two parts cars.......but the tanks are like finding a hens tooth, especially ones not destroyed
Argonaut
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Re: new gas tank for 2.0 Coupe

Post by Argonaut »

Thank you very much for your offer.

In the meantime we have found a good one in Austria. And we are also planning to reproduce because this part is simply rare / unavailable. The aggressive gasoline / or rust will show a few more in the future to colapse.
Aumüller in Bamberg (one of the last Dino experts) will take care about it this winter.

Once more... thank you.

Argonaut