Fiat Dino Engine Value?

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

jtperry8sf9
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Fiat Dino Engine Value?

Post by jtperry8sf9 »

Well guys and gals,
Engine in a basket time!
O.k., I’m fishing a bit here, but I’d like a collective opinion on what the value might be on a 2.0 liter engine. She was dismantled some years ago and then found her way to me!
She’s been looked over: crank mag’s o.k and is standard/standard. Cams are good and the faces have already been polished out a bit to show their o.k. Case measures standard. The pistons are shot as are the liners, so maybe just go for the big bore! Heads are good and will need the standard valve job. Chain tensioners are missing, as are most of the nuts and bolts. You'll need new chains of course. The flywheel was blasted to clean her up. The valve cover can be repaired by my engine shop. However, he needs a piece of magnesium to do it and I haven’t had the time to go hunting. I’m writing this from Sicily!
All work has been done by the motor shop of an 81 years old Italian guy in Southern California who’s had the same employees for 20 to over 30 years each! And a father son team too!
Pictures can be seen here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/26105073@ ... 5542680900

So there youse have it. She will be for sale very soon, at least once I get a fair idea of value in our free market economy.

Thank you in advance for your time and input.

Enjoy,

Johnny Pergolizzi
Last edited by jtperry8sf9 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi
Site Admin
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Fiat Dino Engine Value?

Post by Tobi »

Hard to say, but I can tell you that a good running 2000 engine is for sale at €5.900 in Germany at the moment. So, this should be much less.
jtperry8sf9
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Post by jtperry8sf9 »

A few more data points needed guys. Opinions? Be blunt! Please.

thanks,

Johnny
now in Sicily
Dino1239
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by Dino1239 »

Hi Johnny,

I have been half heartedly looking for an engine to build a 2.3 with and this seems a good candidate.
Could you PM me?

Cheers

Nigel Knight