Dinoplex AEC101 cases

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Stefan2000
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Dinoplex AEC101 cases

Post by Stefan2000 »

Just finished my first 'reproduction' dinoplex AEC101 case for my own Coupé today.
This is a new casting, new casted switch body, 3D printed wire feedthrough, new designed ID-plates etc. etc.
I will be using this one for my Dino but I had a limited amount of extra cases casted. If anyone will be looking for an AEC101 case I will most likely be able to deliver them.
This one I made is prepared to mount Adrians bosch ignition module inside but I can also prepare them for points based ignition systems to mount an MSD ignition inside.
Attachments
Casting
Casting
Dinoplex AEC101 Reproduction
Dinoplex AEC101 Reproduction
Dinoplex AEC101 Original vs Reproduction
4cambob

Re: Dinoplex AEC101 cases

Post by 4cambob »

wow ,very impressive work.
dinoverde
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by dinoverde »

Hi
I would be very interested to purchase one from you. I bought an electronic set up from superformance..item;30817145

will this fit into this case? Any trick to putting it inside...
let me know by private message cost and payment method. I am in california..
Regards
H
Peter B
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by Peter B »

Hello,
would be the price interesting for this group ? I think yes.....
kind regards
Peter
Stefan2000

Post by Stefan2000 »

Hi Peter,

They are €795,-. That is for a complete dinoplex case with switch body, switch, gasket, new Warning/Caution lables, plastic 3d printed feed through for the wires etc. etc.
I have limited stock and it's just something i make in my free hours beside my regular job. It's quite labor intensive to finish them to a good standard so it really depends on my normal work schedule and pressure how much time i have left in a month to finish some of these casings.
If people are able and willing to finish (detail / file / sand / blast) them themselves they are cheaper, but as said be warned because it takes quite some time.

Regards Stefan
alh
Dino: Ferrari Dino 246 GT

Post by alh »

dinoverde wrote:Hi
I would be very interested to purchase one from you. I bought an electronic set up from superformance..item;30817145
Just a heads up, 30817145 is the old Super4 ignition from Superformance, which is a copy of the seventies Bosch TSZ combined with a Bosch coil and ballast resistor. You won't gain much installing this in a Dino compared to a simple points and coil ignition except less point wear. Would recommend to rather install an MSD 6 based ignition or the high power bosch conversion Stefan mentioned to be on the same performance level of the original Dinoplex ignition.
Tobi
Site Admin
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Tobi »

alh wrote:Just a heads up, 30817145 is the old Super4 ignition from Superformance, which is a copy of the seventies Bosch TSZ combined with a Bosch coil and ballast resistor. You won't gain much installing this in a Dino compared to a simple points and coil ignition except less point wear. Would recommend to rather install an MSD 6 based ignition or the high power bosch conversion Stefan mentioned to be on the same performance level of the original Dinoplex ignition.
Good to know! :idea:
Thank you, Adrian!

By the way, isn't it possible to rebuild a AEC103 setup with this information (http://www.dinoplex.org/PDF/AE103_Circu ... iagram.pdf) to install the most close-to-original solution into an old or new-cast housing? The 103 has the advantage of available coils.
alh
Dino: Ferrari Dino 246 GT

Post by alh »

Yes, but assembling the required transformer is expensive and the original AEC103 circuit is quite complex. The AEC101 has about half the components ;)

It would be more effective to install an MSD 6 series electronics or the CDI ignition made by Fred Winterburn if you want to install a CDI ignition like the original Dinoplex.
Stefan2000

Post by Stefan2000 »

I'm working on a solution to make it as easy as possible to convert the dinoplexes with MSD (programmable) internals. This option will have all the benefits of new electronics like accepting both points setup as electronic triggers while at the same time keeping the stock CD type of ignition.
Working on it for both the AEC101 and 103. If I worked something out that will make it easy plug and play I'll get back on it.
Attachments
20180720_070815.jpg
20180710_214934.jpg
20180720_070635.jpg