Parts needed for 1967 Spider

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: Philt68, doublegarage

Parts needed for 1967 Spider

Postby Westley » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi,

I am looking for some parts for a Dino we are restoring. 1967 Spider, number 505. A lot has gone into the restoration so far and now we are reassembling the car and finding things that need to be dealt with. Here are a few.

Front rotors for knock off style wheels- I can get them all day long for the bolt on cars. On the Superformance website, it says front and rear are the same. Not so....
Accelerator pedal- New or NOS would be ideal, but ours is about to break :(
Tag for the distributor- ours is MIA
Boot for the steering column at the firewall/bulkhead. Triangular shape with a metal reinforcing- Ours is cracked an non-pliable.
Drain tube. This comes from the vents and has an angle to the drain end with a flap of rubber in it.
Yellow hoses for reservoirs- On our car it came with yellow hoses going from the brake master cylinder reservoirs. I have seen pictures of other cars with the same hoses. I would like to find new ones, if that is possible.
Brake reservoirs- Our brake reservoirs are usable, but not clear any more. New brake reservoirs would be nice as well.
Panel under the dash that the heater slide switches (3 slides)- Metal with a wood grain painted/silk screened on.

I know that there are more parts needed, but those are the ones that come to mind quickly.

direct email westley@martinhveem.com

Thanks!

Westley
Westley

Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Re: Parts needed for 1967 Spider

Postby dinoverde » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:19 am

Hi
I have a couple extra brake fluid reservoirs that have been restored..send me a Pm
you can get the yellow hose from dino parts(actually brown..yellows over time)
dinoverde

Postby Westley » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Hi Dinoverde,

Thanks for the reply. Can you send me a picture of the fluid reservoirs? We are looking for them to be as they looked when new, not yellowed as ours are. Thanks for the note about the brown hose. I actually found the brown hose when I was searching for yellow, but did not realize that it was the correct hose.

Also, I don't see a way to send you a pm. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Westley

westley@martinhveem.com

530-244-4153
Westley

Postby Westley » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:47 pm

When I went back to the forum the pm button was there. Odd. I didn't see it the on the first visit. I will send a pm.

Regards,

Westley
Westley

Postby Westley » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi,

I wanted to update the parts "needed" list.

We may have found the correct rotors for the front brakes--hold you breath. Supposed to show up in March. I don't know where "Mr. Fiat" is getting them from, but they say they have found the correct ones for us THIS TIME.

Also needed;

Plastic heater switches in good condition. We can get them re-chromed, but ours are broken.
The trim piece that goes under the emergency/parking brake handle that houses the switch (Series II console).

The original list of parts that I am still looking for;
Accelerator pedal- New or NOS would be ideal, but ours is about to break :( **I found a direct replacement that is hinged instead of a one piece unit that is doomed to break/wear. **
Tag for the distributor- ours is MIA
Boot for the steering column at the firewall/bulkhead. Triangular shape with a metal reinforcing- Ours is cracked an non-pliable.
Drain tube. This comes from the vents and has an angle to the drain end with a flap of rubber in it.
Yellow hoses for reservoirs- On our car it came with yellow hoses going from the brake master cylinder reservoirs. I have seen pictures of other cars with the same hoses. I would like to find new ones, if that is possible. **Looks like I can get original hoses, thanks to Dinoverde!**

Brake reservoirs- Our brake reservoirs are usable, but not clear any more. New brake reservoirs would be nice as well. **Possibly found**
Panel under the dash that the heater slide switches (3 slides)- Metal with a wood grain painted/silk screened on.

Again, any help at all is appreciated.

Westley
Westley

Postby Cokey » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:27 am

Hi Westley,

I'm gathering a list of Spider owners who need front brake discs for their knock off wheels. I've been told that no one has these but I've found a company who will make some if I order enough sets. Could I please ask how much MrFiat is charging for their rotors to see if it is worth me trying to get a run made for everyone or if it is cheaper to buy from MrFiat?

The distributor plate you are looking for is available on Ebay and here is the link;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Dino-20 ... SwgApXBU2Z

Many thanks,

Bob.
Cokey

Return to Market