Wonderful driving machine

Discussions and Socializing

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

robmurray
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Wonderful driving machine

Post by robmurray »

IMG_0337.JPG
Having now got my 2000 Coupe more or less sorted I am reflecting on what a wonderful car this is to drive. I knew they were beautiful. I knew the engines sounded biblical. But I thought the rest of the car would be average. Far from it. The (newly rebuilt) brakes are sensational. The handling is superb, reminiscent of a Lotus Excel that my father had. The steering is great for a steering box set up. For a 48 year old car the performance is really strong - more than enough for modern roads. These are truly thoroughbred cars in every respect. No wonder the market is starting to realise. I can even fit my daughters comfortably in the back and use it for school runs and swimming trips. Mine will be cherished for many years.
Jammer55
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Re: Wonderful driving machine

Post by Jammer55 »

Absolutely beautiful!!! The color really pops in this photo!! As you said for the age of the car it's amazing how timeless the style is!! Enjoy...

Tom
HugoHarris
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by HugoHarris »

Congratulations Rob on a sensational car. Best colour for a coupe in my subjective view! Hugo
2400 Spider #1364
Benz 116 w
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Benz 116 w »

Congrats! In this colour, with that background could be an Aston, but slimmer...definitely beats anything made Today. I consider spraying mine dark silver too, having seen yours. Unfortunately would not be matching the upholstery. Enjoy :)