Sun visors keep dropping

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

robmurray
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Sun visors keep dropping

Post by robmurray »

Small annoying one this but the clips on the base of my rear view mirror in my 2000 Coupe no longer adequately support the sun visors so they keep dropping down. Superformance do not sell a correct mirror. Does anyone know a fix for this?
Thanks
Rob
The Dutch Dino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Sun visors keep dropping

Post by The Dutch Dino »

Rob, try tightening the philips head screw on the other side. That's where you tighten the friction. The clips near the rear view mirror are just for holding them.
Leo
Dino Coupé 2400x2
The Netherlands
robmurray

Post by robmurray »

Hi Leo
Yes I have done that and it stops the visors from turning into the down position. However it is the clips that are the issue - that end of the visor just drops out of them and sits on top of the mirror. Hope this clarifies.
Thanks
Rob
Tobi
Site Admin
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Tobi »

I had a quick and dirty solution using velcro tape. However, this has dissolved meanwhile. Now I have cable ties around the visor. Not nice, but helps to keep it from dropping into the face ;)
Guzzi

Post by Guzzi »

Could you post some images of the mirror and clips? I had to solve a similar problem on an Espada
robmurray

Post by robmurray »

Guys
I found a solution. Took the part out, built up the plastic clip with epoxy filler, sanded it back to the original shape and painted black. Took an hour and works like new!
Thanks for your help
Rob