Colour code Silverstone Grey

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

patrizio
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Re: Colour code Silverstone Grey

Post by patrizio »

Fanalone wrote:One more thing, I also have a 2400 Coupe which is in color 661 Grigio Scuro.
The 2000 Coupe also have the color code 661, and here it is named 661 Grigio Silverstone.
Does some of you know if there is some difference between 661 Grigio Scuro & 661 Grigio Silverstone?
Only Fiat Dino 2400 Coupé had original colour Grigio Silverstone 661 available.
Unfortunately, the colour tables that are listed on Mike Morris book and Giorgio Nada Edizioni publications (and all those copied there), are wrong because mix the colours of the two models.
This error has caused many wrong restorations ...
The common colours for the two Coupé (Dino and Dino 2400) were the following:

Rosso Corsa 120
Nero 601
Grigio Betulla 603

Fiat Dino Coupé Rosso Ossido was code 197, while Dino 2400 Coupé Rosso Ossido was 163.
patrizio
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Re: Colour code Silverstone Grey

Post by patrizio »

Tomasir wrote:Hi, Grigio Silverstone is still a current Ferrari colour, (FER 430 GRIGIO SILVERSTONE), the OEM paint code is 159650, manufacturer PPG have it as FER 159650. There are water based equivalents, OEM code is 266613, PPG have it as 912517. The colour is a little darker than 661 but this may be because the original examples I"ve seen have bleached out a bit. Anyway, here's my 2400 Coupe, finished in the water based version:
DINO above.jpg
In FIAT there are many colours that have been replicated over the years with the same name but with different code.
Colours that have different code are different colors, although they have the same name.
Similar colours are not the same colour.
The LECHLER factory still produces the original FIAT colours with the correct codes per year of production.