Parts needed for 1967 Spider

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Westley
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Parts needed for 1967 Spider

Post by Westley »

Hi,

I am looking for some parts for a Dino we are restoring. 1967 Spider, number 505. A lot has gone into the restoration so far and now we are reassembling the car and finding things that need to be dealt with. Here are a few.

Front rotors for knock off style wheels- I can get them all day long for the bolt on cars. On the Superformance website, it says front and rear are the same. Not so....
Accelerator pedal- New or NOS would be ideal, but ours is about to break :(
Tag for the distributor- ours is MIA
Boot for the steering column at the firewall/bulkhead. Triangular shape with a metal reinforcing- Ours is cracked an non-pliable.
Drain tube. This comes from the vents and has an angle to the drain end with a flap of rubber in it.
Yellow hoses for reservoirs- On our car it came with yellow hoses going from the brake master cylinder reservoirs. I have seen pictures of other cars with the same hoses. I would like to find new ones, if that is possible.
Brake reservoirs- Our brake reservoirs are usable, but not clear any more. New brake reservoirs would be nice as well.
Panel under the dash that the heater slide switches (3 slides)- Metal with a wood grain painted/silk screened on.

I know that there are more parts needed, but those are the ones that come to mind quickly.

direct email westley@martinhveem.com

Thanks!

Westley
dinoverde

Re: Parts needed for 1967 Spider

Post by dinoverde »

Hi
I have a couple extra brake fluid reservoirs that have been restored..send me a Pm
you can get the yellow hose from dino parts(actually brown..yellows over time)
Westley

Post by Westley »

Hi Dinoverde,

Thanks for the reply. Can you send me a picture of the fluid reservoirs? We are looking for them to be as they looked when new, not yellowed as ours are. Thanks for the note about the brown hose. I actually found the brown hose when I was searching for yellow, but did not realize that it was the correct hose.

Also, I don't see a way to send you a pm. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Westley

westley@martinhveem.com

530-244-4153
Westley

Post by Westley »

When I went back to the forum the pm button was there. Odd. I didn't see it the on the first visit. I will send a pm.

Regards,

Westley
Westley

Post by Westley »

Hi,

I wanted to update the parts "needed" list.

We may have found the correct rotors for the front brakes--hold you breath. Supposed to show up in March. I don't know where "Mr. Fiat" is getting them from, but they say they have found the correct ones for us THIS TIME.

Also needed;

Plastic heater switches in good condition. We can get them re-chromed, but ours are broken.
The trim piece that goes under the emergency/parking brake handle that houses the switch (Series II console).

The original list of parts that I am still looking for;
Accelerator pedal- New or NOS would be ideal, but ours is about to break :( **I found a direct replacement that is hinged instead of a one piece unit that is doomed to break/wear. **
Tag for the distributor- ours is MIA
Boot for the steering column at the firewall/bulkhead. Triangular shape with a metal reinforcing- Ours is cracked an non-pliable.
Drain tube. This comes from the vents and has an angle to the drain end with a flap of rubber in it.
Yellow hoses for reservoirs- On our car it came with yellow hoses going from the brake master cylinder reservoirs. I have seen pictures of other cars with the same hoses. I would like to find new ones, if that is possible. **Looks like I can get original hoses, thanks to Dinoverde!**

Brake reservoirs- Our brake reservoirs are usable, but not clear any more. New brake reservoirs would be nice as well. **Possibly found**
Panel under the dash that the heater slide switches (3 slides)- Metal with a wood grain painted/silk screened on.

Again, any help at all is appreciated.

Westley
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

Hi Westley,

I'm gathering a list of Spider owners who need front brake discs for their knock off wheels. I've been told that no one has these but I've found a company who will make some if I order enough sets. Could I please ask how much MrFiat is charging for their rotors to see if it is worth me trying to get a run made for everyone or if it is cheaper to buy from MrFiat?

The distributor plate you are looking for is available on Ebay and here is the link;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Dino-20 ... SwgApXBU2Z

Many thanks,

Bob.
Westley

Post by Westley »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply.

FWIW, we had to send the rotors back to MR Fiat as they were the same ones we received from Superformance. Superformance sells the same rotors for the rear and the front. They are not interchangeable. The rears are 250mm and the fronts 270mm.

As of today, I have ordered a pair from Dinoparts.de. They have just recieved a shipment. I don't know how many, but I am getting a pair of front rotors for our car.
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

Hi Westley,

Did the rotors turn up from Dinoparts and were they the correct ones? If so, could I ask how much they are charging to have a comparison with the company I found to make us some?

Thanks,

Bob.