rear caliper with parking brake

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

pablogustav
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

rear caliper with parking brake

Post by pablogustav »

Hello there,
I have had every component of my brake system rebuilt by Karp's power brake in CA. I am experiencing inconsistent pedal movement and Karp has recommended that the rear calipers may be the culprit. I have bled the system very thoroughly, but when I pump the pedal about 4-5 times it feels perfect and on the next pump it may go down to the floor of close to it; then back again to feeling right. Karp mentioned that these brakes may require an adjustment to keep or set the piston close to the rotor so that when the cable is pulled that the piston does not have far to travel to set the brake. Any insights or info would be so much appreciated! thanks very much.
dinoverde
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Re: rear caliper with parking brake

Post by dinoverde »

Hi
send me a pm i will walk you through it
Dario

Post by Dario »

Hi, does "every component" include the master brake cylinder? The symptoms you describe seem more the the MC than the calliper: The Dino has two separate brake lines. If there is a problem with the rear callipers, the other line (to the front brakes) will keep the pedal from going to the floor. BTW, did you bleed both nipples on the front callipers?
good luck,
Dario
ThomasK

Post by ThomasK »

It would be Great to get an Update if and how this Problem was solved so all others can participate. KR Thomas
dinoverde
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by dinoverde »

it is critical that these part be installed on the new rear pistons
http://www.dinoparts.eu/EN/fiat-coupe-s ... brake.html