Fiat Dino 2.0l Spider, Series II for Sale

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Beanderb4
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Fiat Dino 2.0l Spider, Series II for Sale

Post by Beanderb4 »

Folks,

I'm selling my 2.0l Spider. Its located in Dublin, Ireland. The asking price is Euro 115,000. Details are provided below with a link to photos.

Fiat Dino Spider 2.0l Series II for Sale

This 1969 Fiat Dino Spider is the Series II model with full aluminium block and heads. The 2.0 litre V6 engine has only covered 85,000 KM (53,000 miles) and is very well maintained, extremely smooth and it sings beautifully.

This particular car is Chassis No. 1144 and the car is complete with it’s matching engine. The car retains it’s original red colour as when it left the factory and has an excellent black leather interior.

The car is complete and is an excellent driver. A Nardi wooden steering wheel enhances the experience. The Cromodora wheels are retained with central spinners but could do with being refurbished.

The bodywork is straight but over the years there are a few small paint chips as shown in the photos. There is one small rust hole just in front of the rear wheel arch which needs attention. It is about the size of a 20 cent (euro) coin. If a perfect car is required the car would benefit from a full respray but it looks good from a distance of 2 metres, and only closer inspection shows the flaws. There is evidence of an older accident repair on the front-end of the car but it was expertly repaired and the repair is only visible from the underside of the car under scrutiny, there is no visible sign of the repair on the body of the car.

The ignition has just been upgraded to a fully electronic 123 ignition so there are no points to maintain or weights and springs to be fiddled with anymore. The ignition looks original but it is now fully electronic with only one moving part and no points. The advance curve can be changed by connecting your smart phone or table to the distributor using Bluetooth. The ignition can be immobilised using your smart phone / tablet, and your devices can also be used to monitor the RPM, Battery Voltage, advance, and temperature while the engine is running. It is a great use of technology in a 49 year old car.

The cloth hood is in good condition but could do with being replaced as it have never fitted properly at the sides.

The photos accompanying this all show all the beauty and highlight the items that would benefit from being addressed.

If you want to come and see it, I’ll pick you up at Dublin Airport, or I’ll collect you from the Ferry in the car. This is a mechanically excellent car, ready to be driven across Europe if required. It can be driven as is and it will be admired everywhere you go. You can collect it in Dublin, Ireland and drive it to anywhere in Europe.

Alternatively I will deliver this car within Europe personally if required at the expense of the new owner, or I will assist with shipping to other parts of the world as required.

The car is priced to sell and the price reflects the current condition, which is very good, but not excellent. So I have left a margin in there for anyone that wants to take this car to excellent condition, but also it gives somebody a very good opportunity to purchase this car and enjoy it as it is. You will not be disappointed, and you will have to be prepared to talk to people at filling stations and wherever you pull over. It’s that sort of car, stylish, beautiful, rare, and it looks and sounds great.

There is an extensive history file with the car which shows details from previous ownership. The car was imported to Dublin Ireland in 2004 by the current owner. The history shows the car in 2004 had only 73,000 km on the clock and had two previous owners in the Netherlands from 1994 to 2000 and then from 2000 to 2004 when the current owner bought the car. Prior to 1994 the car was residing in California and the old USA title is still included within the history file. Under previous ownership the gearbox was rebuilt, rear suspension was completely rebuilt with KONI shocks added front and rear. Brakes were rebuilt and the hood and frame were replaced and restored in 1999. In 2001 at 69,000 KM the engine was rebuilt with 6 new pistons, piston rings, new main bearings, piston bearings, new valves and guides installed for unleaded specification and new clutch. In 2003 the alternator was replaced.

The car has continued to receive attention under the current ownership as detailed below and the receipts for the parts etc. are retained in the history file.

2005 Fuel tank and header tank was refurbished.
2005 Distributor Fibre base replaced, both timing chains have been replaced, and the tensioners were modified to prevent slipping (a recommended mod). Head gaskets were replaced at the same time.
2006 Water pump replaced.
2007 Wiper blades replaced.
2010 Oil pump upgraded to a 2.4l capacity to boost oil pressure at low revs (another recommended mod).
2010 Engine mounts replaced.
2011 Valve clearances adjusted with new shims.
2011 Outer track rods replaced and 4 wheel laser alignment completed 2014 Fuel regulator and filter replaced.
2014 Master Clutch Cylinder and Slave cylinder replaced.
2014 Starter motor refurbished
2016 Valve clearances and timing chain tensions were re-adjusted
and the car has been driven for less than 2000 km since.
2016 New battery.
2016 The three dual choke Weber 40DCNF3 Carbs were rebuilt.
Transmission Oil, Rear differential oil changed and coolant replaced in Dec 2016.
New tyres added in Dec 2016.
Jan 2017 custom stainless steel exhausts added
Jun 2018 Refurbished the carbs while installing a new aelectronic ignition, Added new needle valves, new floats and increased the idle jet sizes to 60’s to compliment the new ignition.
123 Electronic Ignition replaced original distributor – the advance curve can be managed and changed via Bluetooth from your mobile phone / tablet. The car can now also be immobilised using your mobile phone, and the RPM, voltage and advance curve can be viewed on your phone while driving the car.

For more photos follow this link:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share ... 6kmXTh9zm9

Or for further details or to arrange an appointment to view the car call:

Paul on 00353 86 811 2463 (mobile number) during daytime hours.
Beanderb4

Re: Fiat Dino 2.0l Spider, Series II for Sale

Post by Beanderb4 »

Folks,

I am dropping the price to 99,000 euro. Please ring me on 00353 868112463 if you are interested.

Thanks,

Paul
Beanderb4

Re: Fiat Dino 2.0l Spider, Series II for Sale price drop

Post by Beanderb4 »

Folks.

I need to clear some space so dropping the price to 89,000 euro. Final drop.
Argonaut

Post by Argonaut »

I would love to... but I already have 3.

Unfortunately, your pictures do show a perfect candidate for a full restauration.the exhaust system is to be exchanged completly as the job was done very lousy.

The outer looks like to be done but in a fair state. And a full restauration will cosume something like 50-70.000 Euro (at 24Hundred most likely a bit more), but always asuming the engine is in a good state. If the engine needs to be overhauled then you need another 20-30 K.

As those car are worth 140-170 K in a good shape... this makes it most likely so difficult for people to take advantage of your offer. On the other side... if one does the restauration he/she knows at least what has been done in the end. Overall... a tricky situation.
alfredhamstra

Post by alfredhamstra »

A nice situation would be if you are handy enough to do most of the restauration yourself
stripping the car, tagging the parts: 0
galvanising parts, chroming (not that expensive when you know your way): 2.000
Body in full rust and paintclearbath (same here): 2.000
Sheetmetal (make yourself what you cannot buy): 3.000
Straitening the car - painting (thats the moneypitt): 10.000
Dissembling the engine, cleaning parts: 0
Find a good NON ferrari mechanic (face it, these engines are not rocketscience...): 6.000
Buy new good quality seatcovers and roof: 2.000
Buying new parts there where necessary: depends on car: 5.000
Assembling the stuff back together: 0
You will not be near 50.000,- - 70.000,-

BUT...you have to be handy enough

Greetings from Holland

Alfred
Fiat Dino Spider
nr. 239
Peter B
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by Peter B »

Fully agree
The car is not perfect and therefore not priced as perfect
But the base seems not too bad
The key questions are the technical conditions... ?
Otherwise I think the car position in Dublin is the problem for sale....
Contact a dealer or whoever can handle it or bring the car to the Essen or Stuttgart classic day‘s. Will get sold the first day.
Or find someone on the continent who offer for you here in commission.....

Good luck
kind regards
Peter