Bike Rack on 2400 Spider

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

Spiderman
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Bike Rack on 2400 Spider

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Folks,

Am driving to Spain from London, and would really like to go in the Dino, but I have to take 2 x Steel Vintage Bicycles on the trip.

Has anyone actually done this with their spider, and what rack would you advise?

Thanks

Rob
HugoHarris

Re: Bike Rack on 2400 Spider

Post by HugoHarris »

I love this community of masochists who actually use their priceless and fragile Italian jewels! Please post photos Rob if you take your bikes to Spain on your Dino!
2400 Spider #1364
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Thanks Hugo,

Will do my best to find a solution, and Evidence will be posted 8-)

Cheers

Rob
Tobi
Site Admin
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Tobi »

Only the British even think of using a classic car like a daily driver. I love this!
Do you flee from the impending Brexit to Spain and want to take all your assets with you? ;)
Ribolla_67

Post by Ribolla_67 »

@ Brexit: I ordered a big box of spare parts from Superformance in February, but false alarm, as the House of Commons postponed their decision to Oct. 2119.

@ Bike Rack: Leo Aumüller installed a trailer coupling to his Dino 2400 coupe in the 70's to bring his race cars to Nürburgring and back on weekends - maybe a safer solution than a boot lid rack
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Am currently looking at various options, including seeing if I can just take the wheels off the bike/bikes and somehow fit everything into the Dino.. The main problem, is I ride a large 58cm frame, so without a lot of disassembly, the components are still very large...

IF I had a hardtop, I probably could have made some kind of roof rack... :roll:

I probably won't be following Herr Leo Aumüller's example, even though we are almost namesakes...

Rob Müller
Dario

Post by Dario »

The Dino's boot is pretty big, so the real issue is just how far would you like to go with the disassembly, and...
How big is your welder? :D
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

:lol:
Tobi
Site Admin

Post by Tobi »

The Spider might be limited in width and depth, but not in height as long as you go on the deck of the ferry and avoid all tunnels :D

When I first saw Leo Aumüllers Dino, I really had to smile. It brought a local butcher to my mind who installed a tow-bar to his 911 for his sausage vending trailer.
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

@Tobi, maybe I should take a trailer full of English Chorizo, and try to decrease the UK trade deficit...

Ribolla_67 I am sorry that you rushed into your purchase's, although if we do eventually leave, I am sure the prices you paid will become very cheap :oops: