Yahoo email group

All about our Fiat Dino Coupes and Spiders

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

HugoHarris
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Yahoo email group

Post by HugoHarris »

Hi, for those that don't receive the emails, there is a debate going on in the Dino Yahoo email group about what to do when Yahoo winds down email groups next month. There doesn't seem to be much appetite among the Yahooers to use this forum instead and bring the thin scattering of Dino owners under one roof. Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit odd to have two separate communities? I'd be interested to know the history behind this - was this forum set up before or after the Yahoo group and does the latter consist primarily of owners in the US who wish to preserve a separate community identity? Nothing wrong with that, just curious. I reckon there are no more than 50 active users in each community, and no doubt a good many of those are subscribed to both!
2400 Spider #1364
alh
Dino: Ferrari Dino 246 GT

Re: Yahoo email group

Post by alh »

I went over there six years ago when we started this forum to discuss, but there was not much interest outside of being in an email group. We would love to have the Yahoo guys over here and offer them a new home, to have all the Fiat Dino lover under one roof as you mentioned, i am just not sure that we can motive them to move over?
HugoHarris
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by HugoHarris »

Pity. There are some really knowledgeable guys on the email group, and often generous with their advice. But email is such a clunky way of running a community in this day and age. Maybe the average age of Dino owners is a little older stateside :o
2400 Spider #1364
Tobi
Site Admin
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Tobi »

We just can invite all the Yahoo group users to join here. It's free and offers much more options than the mailing list.
Ribolla_67

Post by Ribolla_67 »

Is there any resonable possibility to move all the yahoo archive and knowledge into this forum?
Peter Tabmow

Post by Peter Tabmow »

Ribolla_67 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:21 pm Is there any resonable possibility to move all the yahoo archive and knowledge into this forum?
I think that would be the big incentive for them to join this forum, ensuring they don't lose what they've built up and we can benefit from their accumulated wisdom.