Wanted: Fiat Dino Spider Project

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Philbrun
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Re: Wanted: Fiat Dino Spider Project

Post by Philbrun »

Hello you All ,
Bongiorno ,
Bonjour à tous

PLEASE , come and discuss that on this group :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fiat.dino/

You will surely find an answer to your questions... :) :)
Brescia2Rome
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Post by Brescia2Rome »

Are you really going to spam this whole board with your Facebook invite BS?

If people want to find it and you and join, they will.
Philbrun

Post by Philbrun »

Hello to All :)

I wanted to sell my 2.0 Spider for 50.000 Euros.

However , people are afraid because of the missing parts.

So , I am thinking about selling it """complete""" for 65.000.

There are pictures of it on my group.
Brescia2Rome

Post by Brescia2Rome »

Phil,

Kindly get off of my thread with your for sale posting of your car.

Are you really that rude?

Update your own thread.
Argonaut
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by Argonaut »

Gracie
Philbrun

Post by Philbrun »

In October 2018 , Mr memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=779 , was looking for a project.

At that time , he was afraid of the prices that were offered.

Now , in February 2020 , I am wondering if he regrets (or not) not to have bought at that time...
4cambob

Post by 4cambob »

Whilst I am not up to date on the spider market but I think it is a flawed view to judge market value of a car needing work being less the sum of a restoration. There are so many different cars which are uneconomic to restore so by that logic they should be free. However the classic car market on the whole is softening with alot of auction houses reporting disappointing sales and as I keep an eye on the coupe market I see so many cars not selling for what the owners want. Prices are predicted to fall more and owners need to adjust their prices if they want to be realistic.
Brescia2Rome

Post by Brescia2Rome »

Philbrun wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:24 pm In October 2018 , Mr memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=779 , was looking for a project.

At that time , he was afraid of the prices that were offered.

Now , in February 2020 , I am wondering if he regrets (or not) not to have bought at that time...
Regret what? Not buying a rusty boat anchor? No thanks bro, idk what vendetta or hard on you get from all this, but frankly you and your Facebook advertising plugs and shotgun blast opinion on my threads are unwanted. Do try to control yourself.

And before you begin to hypothesize who is "afraid" or not of offered prices, consider justifying going in the red immediately with those "offered" prices.

Have a good weekend.
Brescia2Rome

Post by Brescia2Rome »

4cambob wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:15 am Whilst I am not up to date on the spider market but I think it is a flawed view to judge market value of a car needing work being less the sum of a restoration. There are so many different cars which are uneconomic to restore so by that logic they should be free. However the classic car market on the whole is softening with alot of auction houses reporting disappointing sales and as I keep an eye on the coupe market I see so many cars not selling for what the owners want. Prices are predicted to fall more and owners need to adjust their prices if they want to be realistic.

Bob, tha antithesis of that logic is this to me: if it has or had sentimental value, sure, by all means, dive in and give it the money it deserves (if applicable). Beyond that though, no. I'm not a millionaire. I have to make calm, cool and collected decisions when considering a project to undertake.

If you gave me a project Spider, for free, that consumed $175K of my dollars, and it was worth $125K, that just sounds a like bad business decision on my end. They're cars. I am not going to take a bath. We likely don't figure this out the same, and that's fine. But I calculate what a good driver -2 car I'll have at the end of the restoration, and backwards plan to what price point I need to be at at the start.
Tobi
Site Admin
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Tobi »

When talking about prices, we should keep in mind that not everyone buys his spares at Tiffanys and contracts a body shop on Rodeo Drive.